NoRules

What's part of the container vs. canopy?

Hi guys,

I'm selling my rig and have to separate the reserve/main/container since I'm selling different parts to different people. Just to confirm, this is what comes with each piece right? My main question is the spring-loaded pilot chute. That's rig-specific right?

Container:
Main Risers
Reserve and Main Toggles
Freebag
Spring-loaded pilot chute

Reserve and Main:
Just the canopy

Thanks for your help!

~ * Life Has No Rules * ~

Hi guys,

I'm selling my rig and have to separate the reserve/main/container since I'm selling different parts to different people. Just to confirm, this is what comes with each piece right? My main question is the spring-loaded pilot chute. That's rig-specific right?

Container:
Main Risers
Reserve and Main Toggles
Freebag
Spring-loaded pilot chute

Reserve and Main:
Just the canopy

Thanks for your help!

By spring loaded pilot chute, I am guessing you are referring to the reserve pilot chute (and the bridle too)

Container also includes main D-bag, bridle and pilot chute.

Reserve and main canopies also include the slider (I could be really picky and say "lines" too, but that's going too far ;))
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Links. Don't forget the links.

Main and reserve include the links or slinks. For the love of god, do not remove the canopy from the links. Daisey chain the lines before disconnecting anything, then remove the links one at a time, and affix them to a card of some sort. PD makes a nice one if you have it around, but it not, take a piece of cardboard about 5" x 7", and punch 4 holes in it, two on one side, and two on the other. Each hole is for a link, and keep the left and right lines groups on seperate sides of the card.

There are better ways, more complex ways, ways that would take forever to explain in a post, but the above is a 'good' way, and will save the new owner (or their rigger) a ton of work trying to sort out a tangled canopy.

Thanks everyone! And yes, I made sure to be very careful with the links and putt them on a little piece of cardboard so that nothing got disoriented and everything is labeled.

Ah, this is a process :)

But thanks so much for your help! Dropzone.com has definitely made it easier to figure it out!

~ * Life Has No Rules * ~