jraylitt

cutaway and reserve handles on fully articulated harness?

I tried on my new Icon I6 briefly before I gave it to my rigger for Inspection and re-pack.
Overall all the rig fit great. One thing that stood out though was the location of the cutaway and reserve handles on the articulated harness.
To me it seems the sit a little far back to the side as opposed to the front. (if that makes sense?)
This is the first rig I've tried on other than rental gear so it's all I can compare it too.
Does anyone perhaps know what Im talking about and can you share a pic of your Articulated harness showing the location of your handles.
I should of tried it on in front of the rigger but he was in a hurry and I wont see him until this weekend. Thanx for your help

Hi Joe,

If you have both the chest rings (optional) and the hip rings (std) then, yes the handles will be tilted farther from vertical when wearing the rig; much more so than a rig with just the hip rings. This is one reason why I am not an advocate of chest rings; but that is just me. :)

I would think that the student rigs you used had no rings on them.

Not much choice except to learn to locate the handles. Practice and lots of it.B|B|B|

Do you have a soft reserve handle? If so, make very sure that you can locate & pull it before going up.

Best of luck with it,

JerryBaumchen

Not much point to trying on a harness without canopies.
It will not give you an accurate indication of how well it fits until you stuff some canopies into its container.

Next week, put on the - packed rig - and ask your rigger how well the harness fits you.