gowlerk

Where is the M2?

After a splashy announcement at the PIA Symposium, including a shipping date of June 2011 we have heard nothing from the distributor or the manufacturer about this product.

I fully understand that this is a complex project, and that delays are almost inevitable. But at the very least, the customers need an update on when or even if this product will be made available. I am waiting for more information so that I can make a decision. As far as I can see, the announcement was made so that people would hold off on buying and therefore potentially boost sales.

The Mars website still says shipping in June. The Alti-2 site has an announcement saying more information will follow the Symposium. I don't know who is dropping the ball here, but the lack of an update is reflecting poorly on both companies.

Ken Gowler
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Actually the website looks nice to me, but obviously English is not their first language. The user's manual is there, and the English is much better in it, but not perfect.

I can remember when the Cypres website was not the slick marketing tool it now is. Don't let the glitter fool you!

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I was really excited about this AAD because it has the best cutter I've seen. One issue may be that they were looking at changing to a slightly shorter version of this cutter. I got the impression that the longer cutter they use on there military rigs was going to be an instalation problem on some sport rigs.

All in all it looks like it's going to be a good unit.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

That may be among the reasons they have not yet done what they said they would do. When you announce a launch date for a new product, you need to follow through. Or at least keep your potential customers informed of changes. Otherwise you look like you are not organized or professional. This is not the image the AAD industry should be stiving for at this time of turmoil.

Ken

It may be they haven't gotten container manufacturers to sign off on it yet (approved use).

That may be among the reasons they have not yet done what they said they would do. When you announce a launch date for a new product, you need to follow through. Or at least keep your potential customers informed of changes. Otherwise you look like you are not organized or professional. This is not the image the AAD industry should be stiving for at this time of turmoil.

Ken

The other side to that, Ken, is that "in this time of turmoil" (which I think is more fantasy than fact) it may be that the container manufacturers are dragging their feet. Alti/Mars can't compel the manufacturers to go any faster(if indeed, that's the cause of what is delaying the M2).

I too, am excited to know the M2 was coming, but couldn't wait any longer, so I bought Vigil's for my student rigs. After conversations at PIA, I'm confident that the people at Alti/Mars are doing their best to bring this product to market, even if it doesn't meet the immediate demands of some of their potential customers.

I agree with all the reasons you list for possible delays. I'm not asking for Mars to explain the hold up. I'm just saying that they need to keep us informed about the launch date. Once they announce one, they should follow through or give a new estimate of the date. They should do this as soon as possible after they realize that they can't deliver on time. I can be patient, but I need information that is realistic and timely. The time they gave has come and gone without a word. Who knows? Maybe there are hundreds of them sitting in the warehouse ready to ship next week.

I'm right with you on the fantasy thing, but I would note that if you happen to own an AAD that Big Brother won't let you use, and he also won't let you jump without one, it's going to feel pretty real.

Ken

I spoke with Alti-2 a month or so ago and I was told it was delayed because they were having a hard time getting container approval from each manufacturer after the argus bs had hit the fan. So until they can get things sorted with container manufacturers I think they're SOL...

Perhaps someone with more recent info can chime in, like I said, that's a month or two old?!

Here's the email I got.

In light of the Argus issues, which you may be aware of, many rig manufacturers have suspended the approval of new AADs in their rigs until an industry standard for testing AAD compatibility is established. That being said, it looks like it will be a longer wait than anticipated before the m2 will be released (at least in North America). MarS, the company manufacturing the AAD, is currently in serialized production so we hope to have at least some units in house by the end of the month to send to rig manufactures.

:)...today i geast reciev firs 3 M2 unit 2 student and 1 expert....allrady instaled the expert.....

It was a very fast delivery (1 week)... thank`s for that to my dealer.

The unit looks greath..... Cutter looks very rigid and all contructions is solid.

m2 Distributions, Inc is currently working with MarS and the U.S. rig manufacturers to get installation approval. A few manufacturers have given approval, but still working with the rest. m2 Distributions, Inc. will not begin to import the m2 until approvals are granted. m2 Distributions, Inc will notify the skydiving public as things progress.

Enjoy here while you're here because there's no here there.

m2 Distributions, Inc. is a company formed to import the new AAD from MarS. The company is in no way associated with Alti-2. You will eventually go to m2 Distribution's website if you are interested in purchasing the m2 in North America.

MarS is currently selling the m2 in Europe if you were interested in a purchase now.

Enjoy here while you're here because there's no here there.