jtval

a good pop-up blocker

Use a modern web browser

Some people don't like mozzila, and I still use IE 5.5 because I don't like all the multi media shit.

If you don't want to pay for one panicware has a free version that works pretty well. It lacks some of the features of the paid version but it does an ok job.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I ahve found teh Google toolbar to be veyr beneficial when it comes to pop-up blocking plus it has some otehr cool features.

Ya beat me to it Dekker. :P

JT, try the Google toolbar, it works great for me.I installed it a few months ago and haven't had a single pop-up since.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

If you don't like all the mulitmedia stuff then you really have no reason to use internet explorer. Opera and mozilla firebird are very lightweight browsers with built in pop up blocking and tabbed browsing, two very very useful features. Just trying to make your life easier. If your going to have to download something anyway might as well make it a new browser that has a smaller memory footprint uses less cpu time and doesn't bring down half of the GUI if it crashes. Not to mention internet explorer is full of security holes, and im talking about the latest version. Don't even want to think about 5.5.

new netscape 7.x blocks the pop-ups, prevents scripts form moving/resizing windows and other funky shit.
and it also has lots of other cool and useful features.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

I use the one from panicware (that is the url name also, but I am too lazy to make it clicky... plus that would deprive someone else of making it clicky for me) and it is pretty good.

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

Try Opera.

It's the best browser EVER! B|
Stop all pop ups, or get just the one you request, just with a touch of a button.
And when you start to use mouse gestures, you'll browse dz.com twice as fast.

And from version 7 the mail clients finally rocks too:)
Not to mention that it doesn't have all the security bugs that IE and outlook got, so you will be a lot less vulnerable to viruses. ;)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.