Brisco

I got another time wasting toy!!

So I got a new cell phone today - a Nokia 3585i - with just scads of features, bells, whistles, do-dads, etc., etc. I sit down with the owner's manual to try to figure some of this shit out and in playing with the thing I come upon a menu selection titled "Applications". I open that menu and it says "select application". I press that and one of the options says "Skydiver". WTF? I'm almost expecting an audible altimeter or something, so I choose it and it's a really cool skydiving game!! The screen shows a little skydiver in the door of a plane and after watching clouds roll by for a couple of seconds he jumps out over a dropzone, complete with crossing runways and a target, at an altitude of 3000 feet. Using the scroll buttons he turns right or left, tracks forward or back-slides. There's a little altimeter on the screen and you can choose when to open the chute and then steer the jumper to a landing on the target! Not a bad little game!! It keeps some kind of scores which I haven't figured out yet. I can tell right now I'm not gonna get much done at work tomorrow!!

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Thats awsome
Makes me want to get that phone.

I remember there was a game for the super Nintendo that had a skydiving part god i can't think of the name.
you flyied everything but the skydiving was the best part.

sorry i can't spell
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Speaking of games....the new 40 GB HD iPod has a game called "Parachute".

Helicopters fly overhead and you try and shoot them down with your cannon. If you don't get them all, paratroopers jump out and deploy (making it their goal to land on the ground next to you and blow -you- up!

What's an interesting thing that I found out...if you shoot the paratrooper, they die right there in the air. If you aim too high and get their parachute (missing the person), the 'chute desolves and the paratrooper goes into freefall and bounces!

Is it morbid that I like this game? :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

there's also a game called Ganja Farmer, in which you're a rasta man protecting your Ganja plantage from the DEA >:( it's exactly the same, either you shoot down the chopper or the troopers... i don't know why, but i really liked to distroy their chutes...

are we both crazy??? :S:S:P

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org