GARYC24

Guitar Player/musicians post

Of course, you could just do what musicians for centuries have been doing and use your ear. I prefer the idea of a tuning fork (as reference) and then work your ear and practive relative pitch. If you don't have perfect relative pitch it will take practice. You'll be better off in the long run for being able to hear the intervals rather than relying on a gadget.

My original training is as a violin maker. I have made a couple dozen guitars and (I shudder to admit it) MANY banjos. After 26 years in the music industry, someone walked into my shop and offered me too much money to resist for the building, so I sold it. I still have a TON of instruments, including a bunch of cellos, violins, guitars etc. Lucky for me, my husband, son and I are all musicians. We love music almost as much as skydiving.

Hey man I love banjo..been to the Kentucky Bluegrass Festival quite a few times whilst growing up..

an optimistic is:
a banjo player with a pager! (joke)

The Mt. Vernon series BACH Trumpet? A buddy of mine from high school had one with a serial number in the 2000's. That guy got it at a yard sale for 50 dollars.

I used to play trumpet and he let me see it. Just pinging on the bell was an incredible thing. What a gorgeous instrument.

He wouldn't ever sell it. He said some things are more important than money.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

1955 Mount Vernon Bach 16 Trombone(SWEETT axe)
Conn 3b Trombone ( with valve/slide attachments)
Getzen Doc Severensen Trumpet
OLD conn cornet
Holton Fleuglehorn
1 comb with tissue paper

I'd thought I'd bring this post back and post.
Sounds like everyone has some talent.
Your instruments ROCK! har har
Anyways..looks like I'm gonna play in public
at a church doing 5-7 Christmas songs country style..with the pastor on banjo!
We practiced last night..more to join in!
I'm kinda excired and nervous already..haven't played on a stage before..especially in church!
(case of beer?!?:)
Gary Calhoun

I use my Peavey Wolfgang standard mostly, the nicest guitar I've ever played. sometimes my les paul studio. All through a marshall 2x12 65 watt combo amp. A nice alverez acoustic/electric. My little hohner steinberger copy for travel, and my old charvel from the 80's that I refuse to get rid of. I just sold off some of my collection that included an Ibanez JPM, Fender USA strat +, PRS CE 24 mapel top, Kramer baretta, and my Marshall 100watt head. Some yamaha keyboard. And whatever drums I can get my hands on.-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.