Amazon

Weekend Numbers 18-19 OCT Soaring with Eagles

0:2:0

Spent Saturday morning working and stacked up the firewood that was delevered to the house while I was working. Took my daughter shopping, she got a t-shirt for herself, we found a Texas Chainsaw Massacre T-shirt for the wife (She LOVES blood and gore movies!) Got myself a pair of Wolf Racing gloves for jumping this winter.

Later the three of of went to see Intolerable Cruelty. It's a renter, folks!

Got up to the DZ Sunday to find out King was broken (Governor cable on the #1 engine) So we flew 14 loads out of the C-182 - I got on two with our 4-way team, and we practiced turning blocks, (Zig-zag/Marquis). Need to figure out how to keep the pieces from drifting apart so much.

Beautiful day!!

Easy Does It

0:3:0

0 - nothing happening here.

3 - Didn't push to hard this weekend. I spent most of Saturday morning in traffic, so I got to the DZ late. I did manage to squeeze in a HnP before the plane had to leave for a demo. Sunday tuned out much better....I spent a few hours with an out of currency jumper and got her back on track. Then did coaching jumps with her. She owes some major beer. First time from a 182, and first HnP. Congrats to Wendy on getting back in the air!!!

0 - no beer owed for me this weekend. I'm gonna owe next weekend though, more to follow.....

Another great weekend spent on the beach. The weather was decent, but it's getting time to think about getting some gloves!

4: Humps, Anniversary weekend, sent the kid away and well you know lol

2: jumps Levels 3&4 passed and I got my confidence back. Last one on the Sunset load.

1 case of beer bought, just cause i like to drink and hang out at the DZ afterwords and shoot the shit.

Great weekend for me!!!

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

:)
The Hollister love was flowing freely all weekend...I haven't felt a vibe as good as the one saturday night in a long time...

Went on a freefly tribute jump for Paul Cousins. His whole family was there to watch 3 tribute dive and the actual ash dive. Afterwards we watched some video and hung out with his family...it was an emotional, but wonderful evening.

Did a tandem last night to help a friend get current with her tandem rating...what a trip! But, I got to see a gorgeous sunset and i didn't have to pack!

:)
4 60-ways on Saturday, 5 60-ways on Sunday. Really fun.

The first two jumps on Saturday had atrocious spots. On the first one we were so far north of the DZ I couldn't even see the airport. Managed to land in an open field adjacent to a housing tract. The second jump was so far south I could make out the airport but I was dead over the middle of a huge field of staked grapes with no outs.

One of the maybe three hairiest landings I've ever made, onto a maintenance trail downwind between these grapes on metal stakes, with the grapes growing on barbed wire. I pulled it off, but hoo-doggy!

Anyhow, we got the first point on Saturday, and even attempted the second.

First jump Sunday was a bad spot too, and I landed south of the DZ on the other side of the freeway in the cloverleaf of the freeway exit.

We got the second point of the sequential on the third jump Sunday, which was also Big Tom's 1000th skydive. The fourth jump had some "breathing" issues and the last jump on Sunday actually funnelled pretty spectacularly.

A very experienced and skilled group of people, many who were at Perris just a couple weeks ago attempting the 120 sequential.

Thanks to Gareth, Big Al, Mad John, Bill and company for making it happen, and to Bill Daus for buying that second Otter.

Several:0:1

Being so poor I can't pay attention makes it difficult to jump. So, I gotta do things the cheap way. So, hop in the car and drive 90 miles to Yosemite. My first time there (beer) and the place is absolutely amazing. Photographs do not do it justice.

Picnic on the banks of the Merced River and return. What an awesome, awesome day, and a wonderful night! ;)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

We had some outstanding weather this weekend here in CO and I had one of my best ever weekends of jumping (not a perfect weekend, but an awesome weekend nonetheless).

0:11:1

No humps ... >:(:S:):PB|

Eleven jumps including several awesome headdown freeflies with some bad ass talented freefliers as well as several belly jumps made with some newbies as I try and pay something back to the sport by giving them someone to jump with.

A case of beer is owed (not paid for yet) for my first 270 front riser carving swoops.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

0:2:1

WFFC and I made it out to West Tennessee Skydiving for a couple of jumps out of their Cessna. I guess the King Air was at another DZ for the weekend, but that's OK - I love Cessnas. Spending 2 hours getting on a load wasn't that fun, though.

Thanks to all at WTS for being hospitable and we look forward to jumping with you guys again next year.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Ok I had a long weekend. First I went to Club Rio on Thursday night to promote Skydive Coolidge and gave away one free tandem gift cert. Then Friday, I watched someone get hurt, not fun. Saturday I got two jumps in and on Suday I got two in...Now I know why people say that when you work at the DZ you get less and less jumps. However Today was the Best! I did an 11 way hybrid jump at Eloy with Jeffro, Omar, Brad, Ron and some others that I didn't know. I did get their names in my log book, but I have forgoten them at this moment. We got some awesome videos of it. Any ways, it was so awesome! I was just sitting and watching, and I chose do do so from pretty far off, because it was my 95th jump, but I do have to say that I am way pround of myself staying on level with the hybrid the whole time! Any ways, my weekend ended Great!
Kathryn

1 License requirement card sent into the USPA

YAY! You rock trish! I wish I coulda been there to watch. I guess this means I'll have to pay for my own jumps now... ;)

As for me:

!:0:1

I got married! Thats the first, and explains the first "number".

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

5:6:3

Hollister showed us the best it had to give this week-end :)
The 6-way speed-star competition was on Saturday with team picked out from experience level (my first 1st of the week-end).
I rarely laugh that much watching the video of the dives. Just as a example of fun-inducing fact, the fall rate was spread between 101mph and 139mph avg :o (all belly flying, but different teams): recipe for funnel ;)
It was great to see that many skydivers from all around Cal having so much fun together. Fun that went on well into the night ;).

I got my 1st 6-way 5-points moving-blocks on one of these jump -I have to say that the W in RW usually put me off this kind of jump :S

The Ash / Memorial Dives for Paul Cousins at sunset were very emotional and very well performed. Our dive consisted of a 6-way round that opened opposite to the sunset (for the video) and then finished up as a slow flock toward the sun as a good bye. Blue Skies Paul

On Sunday, after a barely-awake-first-load jump. I hit the road for 5 hours of surfing (with break). Waves were great in Santa Cruz B|

NorCal week-ends rock B|

You can't determine the length of your life
- but you can control its height and depth.

Congratulations Andy! Marriage is the best of times, and the worst of times. But overall, it beats the hell out of being single, and it's definitely better for children.

"Honey, does this make me look fat?"

"Sweetie, do you know where my wallet is?"

;)

0:1:0

My dad did a tandem jump on Saturday. I got to exit before him. DaGimp did video of my dad's tandem (and a nice job of it).

Saturday night was a blast. I took 18 beers to the DZ in a cooler. I gave Ryan (pilot) one at about 7:30pm. I was sitting at the fire-pit waiting for the night's action to commence. And so it did...

Lot's of familiar faces around the pit after dark, lit only by the firelight. Chuck came out to the fire with Katie (SO glad to see her again) and everything was fun. There was talk here and there of differing things, but the whole sense of fun was clearly perceptible.

Chuck took a picture of me kneeling in front of the fire. From what I saw, it looked like I was there, with my can of Bud Light...and the fire was behind with this strange plasma-like pool around it.

At about 4:00am, everyone else had gone to bed, but I was still out and about. So many stars. I can never see this many from Fayetteville.

I heard some rustling near the horseshoe area and dove into the shrouded darkness aforded by manifest to check it out. I found Dusty (dog) had turned over a 32 gallon trash can full of Aviator's trash. So, with nothing else to do, I cleaned that up.

I went out to the windsock to feel the fabric. I went to the spot I'd landed at earlier that day, just to see how far away from the tuffet I was. I recreated my flare, trying to avoid reaching for the ground this time and correcting to the left. I looked to my left and almost saw my dad landing with Carlos again, Jake filming the landing. Foolish, it's 4am, but I still think I saw it.

I looked again and saw myself approaching on final, from the loading area toward the far corner near Gene Paul's house...my first jump on my new rig...I flew overhead and vanished...so long ago these things happened. I walked to the mock up area...I could see the sun setting on Wednesday, July 9, 2003, when Chuck was finishing my FJC. MonkeyLip had beers, and they were consumed.

Tending the fire to make sure it didn't go out. Fixing the swoop lane (two of the noodle-sticks had somehow gotten broken in the ground...nothing some improvised log-hammering didn't fix although I did be sure to keep them intentionally loose in case someone hit them).

Watched the moon creep up (waning gibbous) chasing Orion's belt. Wondering why everything has to continue...can nothing stand still for a moment so I can enjoy it? Nonetheless, Orion's belt moved serenely across the sky, laughing at me as I looked at the fire and wondered about time and how I could possibly stop it after such a great day.

As such, my seventeenth (and last available) beer was consumed at approximately 5:30am. Time relentlessly pursued its victim and I was but a passerby, consumed by it's magnanimity. At 6:18am I retired to my car. And it was all over, except for...

the terrible depression that I experience after such nights. Sunday was aweful. The whole day was nothing but "now I'm here" and "that was so nice, but it's gone."

Time laughs again..."You've got nothing" it says...."I had everything!" I argued..."I took it away like I always do." time responded. Trumped again by time, I sulked away and slept at home...dreaming those Raeford dreams that I've realized.

When can I have such fun again?

Congratulations Andy! Marriage is the best of times, and the worst of times. But overall, it beats the hell out of being single, and it's definitely better for children.

"Honey, does this make me look fat?"

"Sweetie, do you know where my wallet is?"

;)

I loved being married. I was glad when I'd had enough though.

I'm not doing it again. I'm just going to find someone I can't stand and buy them a house instead. It'll be quicker.