schon267

buying from people on classified, tips

Another deal for a jumpsuit listed with a price or best offer. I offered $20 less & the seller came back in the middle. I accepted & asked how he wanted payment. The next day I got this email:

Hate to do this to you man, but someone just bought it for full price plus shipping sorry man. (i need the cash)

Blue skies

Lack of character...guess this is the new face of skydiving. Guess I just need to lower my expectations... :-)

Realities of buying and selling. I had a seller accept a full price offer on a canopy and was expecting him to send it off to Chutingstar for inspection (and escrow) the following Monday (offer made Friday and accepted on the phone Saturday) only to have him e-mail that he had sold it for more than the original asking price to someone local who had cash in hand.

It happens.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Thanks, I know it happens. And as a group skydiving probably hasn't changed that much, no internet back then made most sales face-to-face so it never surfaced. Always going to be some segment who value maximum cash over character to eat & jump.

On a forum for a different sport I enjoy, they have a rule no one can post in the for sale forum without at least 100 productive posts. It doesn't completely stop the less-than-honorable sales tactics of some sellers but they are very rare.

Thanks for the kind words.

Paypal lets merchants send a Paypal invoice via email which then allows you to pay via paypal funds or by credit card. Both paypal or if you use your credit card most likely have fraud protection. Paypal payment is a good choice for both the seller and the buyer as it helps protect both parties. Sellers don't have to worry about checks bouncing or fraudulent money orders and buyers get fraud protection coverage.