Darius11

HEY ANY ONE IN RI I NEED HELP

Hi every one i am moving to RI from NY in 2 months.
Just wondering if any one lives in RI now.
It is really hard to know where are the cool places to live in a state that you have only been in once.
So please help.
Where is a cool places to live?
I am single no pets does any one know of any apartments?
Where are the cool hang outs ( other then the 2 DZ that is)
Any information well be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Darius
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I'm in RI. Prices are through the roof comapred to the rest of the country, but if you want cool paces to live, look either in newport or the east side of providence. I don't know anyone personally with any apartments, but now's a good time to look since it's off season and the rents are lower....try looking at oso.com....

Skydiving isn't scary;...but clowns...CLOWNS are scary!

Warwick's 15-20 minutes from Providence depending on traffic. If you find a place in East Providence then the bad part of the commute is I-195 before going south on I-95 (my fiancee works in Coventry and commutes form E.Providence). There are apartment places around Warwick but I've not lived there so I can't tell you much about it.

David

Most people here are right, East providence is a good place. But why don't you rent an apartment before moving here, and as for the rest in the forum, where do you jump?.....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

By the way welcome, and you will find that Rhode Island has cool places....In downtown providence, east providence, as well as parks, it is a small state, but close to many interesting things....

Not so expensive to dine out in good places, Portuguese food is great around here.... PM me ans ask, I personally still getting to know RI after 2 years, but like it.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Hey thanks for the info.
right now I jump @ Skydive long island.
it's funny I have only 2 jumps but I feel weird about going to another DZ so I will always try to come back to SDLI to get my A if i can wait till it gets warm, but I am sure the DZ in RI are great I can't wait to jump at Newport I heard you are surrounded by 270 degrees of ocean that must be awesome
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

yeah. I jump at Skydive Newport. They really don't get into fun jumpers, it's mainly a tandem business rather than a DZ. It's Just a landing area at a small airport. I'm one of the priviledged few I guess. It's basically because this area is so full of lunatics that if anyone ever had an accident they would be storming the gates before the dust settled. ya gotta remember that this is the same community that wouldn't let Real World/Road Rules film here because of the "riffraff". It would have been 4 million dollars worth of riffraff....which all went to colorado and had a great time I hear.....

Skydiving isn't scary;...but clowns...CLOWNS are scary!

IF you're looking for an apartment (and you don't have kids), I live in cranston (on the providence line) and have a 3 bedroom apartment in my building up for rent soon. Cheap money compared to the rest of the state, and a great location right off the highway in a quiet neighborhood. PM me if you would like more details.

Jennifer
Arianna Frances