sangiro

Which other sport?

Heya all,

I know this has been polled to death but let me put it out there again with these limited choices. Over time I've been approached by people offering to run sites similar to Dropzone.com for me featuring another sport if I help them with the set up and technology. And I always have an itch... ;)

Which of the sports above are you most likely to visit and spend time on? You can select more than one option. Also, if you already hang out on a site in any of these areas, please let me know which one by posting the URL.

Thanks! :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Though I don't participate personally (Skypup has promised to teach me, though), I think rock-climbing would be the way to go. Rock climbers are the only folks among the choices listed that have anywhere CLOSE to the comeraderie we do.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Rock climbers are the only folks among the choices listed that have anywhere CLOSE to the comeraderie we do.

I"ll have to disagree with that. I know firsthand that scba divers love beer as much as skydivers, and I've even witnessed events such as manboobs contests on dive boats. There's quite a crossover with scuba too. We got to pick a reef once when my sister accidentally lost her bikini top on a dive too. :ph34r:

__

Although I voted for more then one, I'd have to say rockclimbing. But I'm bias to the subject cause climbing keeps me going in our skydiving off season. That and I think it's one of the most rewarding sports that I've ever done.

------------------------------------------------------------
What have you done to make your life better?

I'm curious why this thread would be top locked. It has nothing to do with the maintenance of this site or thread.
edit: Never mind. I just checked a couple previous threads to clear up a misconception, again.

Having said that, skiing would also be a suggestion. I personally participate to various degrees in all those listed, although not so much with the climbing, especially with my new legs. Also, given that these sports are considerably more mainstream, I would be surprised if there weren't already several sites/groups/chatrooms dedicated to them.

Skydiving is much less prevalent, and dz.com is pretty unique. It wouldn't be that difficult (just really time consuming) to set up a competing site, but what's the point? dz.com pretty much covers the topics and features needed, and it's about as unbiased as one can expect to find.

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

I guess its not what you were interested in, but I have always thought the most popular secondary sport for skydivers is skiing.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Hi,

Personally I went for Scuba & canoeing.

Not to say that I'd waste time on a site dedicated to these.

What about Skydiving's incestuous cousins; Hang Gliding & piloting (flying is what we do - the "Slack Jawed Cretin in the front" is piloting).

I offer these as alternatives to skydiving as activities, not as suggestions for sister websites.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I have to tell you even being a new guy.
Skydiving is the only sport where i have felt this much love from day one so i don't know if it will ever be like DZ.com for any other sport

Thank you for this awsome site
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

A lot of skydivers I know also scuba dive. Then again, I do live in FL and that could skew my sample. In talking with skydivers, it seems rock climbing is a biggie all over the country. I've even gone to a rock climbing place here with other skydivers.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Scuba diving has www.scubadiving.com which has an active message board community. Dunno about any other sports.

jib

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

scuba has a site called scubaboard.com

I followed it for a while, but there are WAY too many categories and the community there is just too big. About time for some new material and territory.... ;)

__

I know what ya mean Stacy. Scuba is also one of the other passions in my life. Here you can get to kind of know who your talking to. There....don't know which categorie to choose. And you can spend all night in it. That and I ran into to much PADI,NAUI or SSI is better. Who cares. Just dive!!!
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

WOW! of all the choices!:)Interesting......
The friend that got me into SKydiving, was a High School friend that I met up with again at a "Climbing Gym" we BOTH belonged to.;)
>>>His roomate, another friend of mine=H.S., talked me into SCUBA & Grand Caymens (and didn't show for either =class or trip:D.
The Mtn Bike was a continuation of biking that I always did for "fixed gear" (Veledrome/Comp)/BmX=after Dad caught me on the Street w/ my CR125 too many times:( so.... Raven 900SX lefty was a must.B|
I'm probably the average for the Sky-bound crowd=people that LIVE life rather than watch it go by like"..hey, did ya watch the game?", no, sorry I'm still living my OWN life.:ph34r:...Gotta jump!

I'm curious why this thread would be top locked.

Because I can. :)

It is so Sangiro does not have to surch for this thread. It is always on top. Must be nice to have the POWER!! B|

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

I am a few dives from getting my master dive license.
I like to kayak and even scuba from it.
I rock climb but boulder once a week.
I Hike and mountain bike.

It is AWESOME to live in the Pacific Northwest.:)

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

No I wish I had one. The dive shop here has about 6 of them. When the instructor takes out a new class. If there is a open yak. I tag along.

It is on my christmas list. I doubt it that SantaWife will put it in my stocking.[:/]

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2