Girlfalldown

I am in pop up hell

My computer is flipping out. I just started to get pop ups every few minutes even when I don't have a browser open. Suddenly Lycos is installed in my browser. What the hell is this? When I go to remove programs there's all this xtra stuff I've never installed.
GRRRR!!!
I even have the Google pop up blocker installed and it's working as far as I can tell but not on these new pop ups. This is pissing me off.
Is there a pop up blocker that actually works out there?

And yes I am grumpy.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Edited sorry Girl:o
Hey bro this is what you have to do.
I am not great with PCs but this is what i did.

i hit ctr alt delete to see what programs are running then i would one by one write the name and end the programs that shouldn't be there then i would do a search and find them and delete them all and empty the bin. make sure you only delete the programs that should not be there and delete all of them before you restart. GOOD LUCK
I know it sucks i hate that sh!t
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

My computer is flipping out. I just started to get pop ups every few minutes even when I don't have a browser open. Suddenly Lycos is installed in my browser. What the hell is this? When I go to remove programs there's all this xtra stuff I've never installed.
GRRRR!!!
I even have the Google pop up blocker installed and it's working as far as I can tell but not on these new pop ups. This is pissing me off.
Is there a pop up blocker that actually works out there?

And yes I am grumpy.

well....
I thought maybe you were having trouble keeping up with the formation....LOL

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

Hi Shannon,

Start off with SpyBot Search & Destroy, available at http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en and follow the download links. You'll also need to update it once it's installed.

next off visithttp://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/other/popupstopper.jsp. They're offering a freebie from Panicware with a proper activation code E-Mailed to you. Failing that, the activation code they sent me was: "Registration Code : 015-047-9484-7B6F"

Getting back to SpyBot & Patrick Kolla, I don't know what the pop-ups are. If they're messenger popups or similar have a look at http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=knowledgebase/faq/faq013 which explains how to stop the damn things unless you actively use this facility.

Do you have a firewall? If not, there's another freebie at http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp Once you've installed it you may get a nasty surprise at what wants to access the internet from your computer!!!! I sure as hell was; little things like "History uploader"!>:( to my ISP!!!>:(>:(>:(

Best of luck,

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Yes there is a program you can download for free. I put it on my computer but I can't remember the name of it.... I will look it up and send it to you. It also cleans up anysite that has latched onto your computer to get information from you, and further screw you up... this is a great program that really works. ;)

use netscape 7.x. it supresses pop-ups and you don't have to have any new/additional software
installed. plus it has tons of nice new features.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Installed it and ran it. Had 211 somethin somethins that I put in quarantine.

Haven't had another pop up since I ran it.

THANKS!!!

What was it?

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.