jlmiracle

How does this happen?

TODDLER SCARRED ALL OVER BODY

A one-year-old boy has been bitten 30 times by a group of more than a dozen other babies at a nursery in Croatia.

Frane Simic was covered in a series of deep bite wounds all over his body, including his face.

He was attacked after the class nanny stepped out of the room to change another baby's nappy.

Dr Sime Vuckov, head of the hospital in Rijeka which treated the boy, said: "Biting between young children is not uncommon.

"But I have never seen anything like this."

Police have launched an inquiry into the biting frenzy but admit they are clueless as to the babies' reasons for attacking.

Dr Vuckov warned that while the wounds were expected to heal, the trauma suffered by Frane may leave permanent mental scars on the boy and his parents.

He said: "Our psychologist has evaluated the boy and we will continue to monitor him and provide any type of assistance so that he can overcome the trauma as soon as possible."

Frane's father said he is considering suing the nanny in charge of the class.

Last Updated: 12:04 UK, Thursday October 23, 2003

This is very sad, but even more bizarre.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I know, and not to make it sound trivial, because the poor kid it happened to will be traumatized for a long time, but in my mind I pictured a bunch of little "chuckie"s biting this poor kid.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Maybe the nanny was pissed at him, and sprinkled pixie stix all over him.

That would be my guess. Heck, I might bite someone too for pixie stix!

One of the guys I work with said that same thing.

Judy

Were the rest of the kids from "Village of the Damned"?? Holy cripes!
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

pixie stix

uh? Another proof I had a deprived childhood.. whats that?

Flavored sugar wrapped in a wax-paper straw...usually the source of many pre-pubescent tantrums...for one reason or another.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

pixie stix

uh? Another proof I had a deprived childhood.. whats that?

Not deprived, your parents were saving their own sanity. Like McDuck said, they are the source of many childs tantrums and inability to sleep.

Judy

Now, what I'd really like to know is who this Mandible Clamp ringleader is. We need to snatch that kid up before some government agency does. How could 30 or more kids coordinate an attack on another child and be finished biting the poor victim before the "nanny" changed a dirty diaper? Maybe the "nanny" forgot her lunch?

Me too whats Pixie stixs?????????

Cheese and rice! What's wrong with you people?!?

Pixie stix!

huh... that's not right... hang on...

buy pixie stix
Pure sugar/crack for children.

Here's a good description I found...

Pixie Stix
My favorite candy growing up was the O Henry bar, which I've always felt was a lot less crumbly than the Baby Ruth. However, I have the most respect for whoever it was who invented Pixie Stix. Now here was a candy that didn't fool around: a straw filled with unadulterated sugar, allowing a hyperactive eight-year-old to basically "download" the drug straight into his stomach. No chewing--just throw back your head, open your mouth, and pour. Of course, there were a variety of "flavors"--blue, red, green, yellow and purple--and they all tasted exactly the same. I'm only mildly surprised that the makers of Pixie Stix don't supply a needle, a spoon and a lighter so the more resolute sugar addict could freebase the stuff directly into his veins. I recall that Pixie Stix did eventually come out with an "innovation." The super extra-wide large version.

it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Now my co-workers think I'M on pixie-stix from all the laughter! :D

it was 30 bites and over a dozen kids. But I see what you are saying. The were like fire ants or something.

Judy

Exactly! They had to have a hive mentality to get something like that done in the average time it takes a person to change a diaper. And with no yelling or squealing to alert this "nanny"??

"The first rule of Bite Club is, you do not talk about Bite Club..."

I'm scared of babies already and this is not helping.

Joe

Scared of THEM, or scared of accidentally fathering one? ;)

Babies...rhymes with rabies, scabies and prayer beads. B|