SkySlut

Why is it that I have soooo much SPAM????

Ya know what I hate? I hate when spammers spam you with software to fight spam. That's like a doctor going around and breaking arms and then offering to fix you for $50.

I think HH has set up some anti-spam measures here on DZ.com - I just don't know how to use 'em, since I don't get spammed here.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I dont register this email anywhere...why do I have so much shit in my mailbox???? I am debating shutting it down.>:(

Dude, I know how you feel. Six months ago, I used to get at least 40 to 70 spam e-mails a day. The spammers were using forged AOL and Yahoo accounts. I was really pissed off . >:(>:(

Then I decided I should do something for this to stop. I then started to forward each and every spam I got, to AOL and Yahoo using [email protected] and [email protected]. They investigated.....

They solved my problem, and traced the problem back to it's source. The bulk of the spam I used to get, stopped within a month. B| Now, on a bad day, I only get 2 or 3 spam e-mails in my mailbox, and most days, none. B|B|B|

You must fight spam as hard as you could. ;) Even if this means forwarding every spam e-mails you receive to the origin ISP, over and over, and ask them to investigate. They will for sure.

At least, they didn't like me spamming them about my case!:ph34r:

;)

Yves.

I'll try that. In the last month or so, my spam has gone from maybe 10 a day to 30-50 a day, which is ridiculous, since I don't sign up for stuff.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'll try that. In the last month or so, my spam has gone from maybe 10 a day to 30-50 a day, which is ridiculous, since I don't sign up for stuff.

Wendy W.

I think the problem got worse and worse, because people don't react as they should, and just let it go. [:/]

If you want something to stop, you must fight it! :)
Good luck.

;)

Yves.

Set up a filter, it works very well. You'll still have to empty the trash bin when it gets full, but at least you won't have to weed through it all.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Unfortunately, setting up a filter doesn't fight spam......

Of course not. But in the dropzone.com e-mail system you can at least make it go to another folder so you don't even have to look at it other than having to delete it every once in awhile. You'll actually be able to find "real" e-mails in your inbox that way.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon