billvon

Holy war

"They are the aggressors. We are the defenders. That puts us on higher moral ground."

You need to study history my friend.
We have sold guns to both sides and watched people die to make money.
But if Money is your moral then your right, but it isn't mine

The bottom line is that they declared war on us. Remember 9/11? How about the Stark incident? You can try to muddy the water with all of the liberal tripe that you want, but it doesn't change reality.

never pull low......unless you are

Sure I will gladly enlighten you.

For one if you read the post we started a war with no proof of any thing just because we could. No one likes a bully yes we are the greatest power in the world but were not nice or at least our government is not.
I deal with the government every day when they want to buy a chair they have to get 3 bids. But it just so happens that the company that our vice resident was CEO of gets a no bid contract in IRAQ. So money is our motive not doing the right thing.
Here is another FACT we gave guns to Iraq and then put an embargo on Iran so we could sale guns to both sides but make more money off of Iran one million people died in that war would you be mad if one of those people were a memeber of your family.
Who made the money not me and not you the top 3 % did as they always do.
Do you think our government gives a flying fuk about women's rights i know they use that to get people to say "we are doing some good". If that's the case how come we supported Osama for 10 years and at that time no one saw how they were treating the woman you know why no one cared it was not valuable to us.
i can go on forever. Just don't believe what you see on CNN i am not saying believe aljazeer or what ever it is either but the truth is always somewhere in the middle.
Like i said i can goan forever but i'll stop.
sorry for the spelling
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

lets not forget 9-11
what happened was awful there is no doubt on that bro.
But I don't think you can look at Islam and judge it by 30 people. I think that would be stupid.
Thats like me looking at every Christian murderer killer rapist and judge Christianity on there actions.

Sure I will gladly enlighten you.

Like i said i can goan forever but i'll stop.
sorry for the spelling

1) You really didn't explain why they hate us, instead you chose to embark on a diatribe as to what you think we're doing wrong. The hatred we are dealing with has a history long before any overt or covert involvement we had in the Iran/Iraq war. So, again I ask: If it isn't our founding influence, system or government or support for Israel that feeds their hatred, what is it?

2) You don't need to go on forever, pick a point, and make it.

3) Use the "check spelling" button before you post. That may help. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

lets not forget 9-11
what happened was awful there is no doubt on that bro.
But I don't think you can look at Islam and judge it by 30 people. I think that would be stupid.
Thats like me looking at every Christian murderer killer rapist and judge Christianity on there actions.

The US hasn't gone after every Muslim. In fact we have gone to great pains to keep the civilian casualties as low as possible. If they take aggressive action though, I see no problem with sending them off to see allah.

The point was there but I think you missed it.

so I'll make it really easy to find this time

POINT: when you are responsible for killing someone's loved one they will hate you specially if the only motive was making money.
hope you didn't miss that unfortunately they don't have crayons on dropzone.com for me to draw a picture for you.

just for your information
Islam requires you to clean your self Face, Hand, Body , and feet every time before prayer so they clean them self 4 times a day.

I guess I'm missing the part in which the coran states it is ok to commit suicide and kill any innocents....

Can you spare your knowledge please?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

your right on that but the topic we were talking about was not for people who shoot at us but a Holy war, and that means all Muslims.

I know we did not do that. I just hope we keep on not doing that

I see no problem with sending them off to see allah.

Although I don't think they will ever get to see him... because they have perverted the very religion they claim to fight for... When I studied islam some years ago, I was taught that it was a religion of peace and acceptance... Extreamists have turned it into something else, something to promote themselves, not the religion (you don't see too many Imans blowing themselves up, do you?)

The enemy may believe that they are fighting a holy war, but I feel they will find out differently when they are judged in the hereafter...

As for us, we are not fighting a holy war, we are fighting against an attack on our culture, what ever the basis, our fight is not based on religion... theirs might be, but ours is not.

And for the general... it's meatheads like this that made me want to leave the Army... Too many people with agendas, not enough soldier's soliders... unfortunately too many of the DoD policy makers today are idiots.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

your right on that but the topic we were talking about was not for people who shoot at us but a Holy war, and that means all Muslims.

I know we did not do that. I just hope we keep on not doing that

The US is made up of people from all religions including atheists. Who would we fight in a holy war? Jihad is their word not ours.

Right, right, it does not exist, and they don't really hate us.......

It is not a problem where the radicals are poisoning the minds of yournger generations, whilst the religious ruler, do encourage it....Maybe I am watching something from the Scifi channel...

Yes Gawain and I missed the memo on that one
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

And for the general... it's meatheads like this that made me want to leave the Army... Too many people with agendas, not enough soldier's soliders... unfortunately too many of the DoD policy makers today are idiots.

J

Josh I won't disagree with your comment on the general. It is ironic that he spent his life fighting for our rights (including free speech) and is attacked by the liberals when he tries to exercise his rights. Agree with his views or not, he has the same rights that we do.

he has the same rights that we do.

Not when he is speaking in an official capacity (i.e. in uniform - as a general)... then he is speaking for the governement, and must spout the party line. If he were in a suit and tie, as Mr. Boykin, then yes he could say what every he wanted...

You give up a lot of rights when you put on that uniform... you are the defender of democracy, not the practicer therof.

Someone with his credentials should know that.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

and is attacked by the liberals when he tries to exercise his rights. Agree with his views or not, he has the same rights that we do.

only the left has the right to free speech according to some. He has a right to his own opinion and a right to express it. If Ted Kennedy can spread his bs then, no one should have trouble with Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin comments.

Agree with his views or not, he has the same rights that we do.

He has the same individual rights. He also has the same work responsibilities as the rest of us, even us stupid low-life liberal lefties you like to slam.

If I were to make, in my official capacity (I have one), a statement about the shuttle program, I would very possibly be canned. I would certainly be given a very stern talking to. That is what I would expect to happen to him, since he made a very incautious statement in his official capacity.

We are not in a war against terrorism because we are Christian and Jewish and they are Muslims. That was the implication of what he said. We were attacked by a group of religious extremists, in the name of their religion. When Jim Jones had several hundred people commit suicide in Guyana, no one accused Christianity of causing that -- it was an individual perversion. So was 9/11.

As long as we choose not to understand people who claim to be our foes, they will remain our foes. They might remain our foes if we do understand them, but it's a dead certainty if we don't.

Once we give someone the respect to try to understand them, it's much easier not to group them all together and assume "they" are all alike.

Oh, and exposing a CIA agent to punish her husband is not freedom of speech, either.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, if you ask those that are "terrorists" that are waging a "jihad" against us, you'll note that most of them will say that it is a holy war against us, infidels, because of the very culture we have, which is built upon...anyone...anyone...Judeo-Christian values! Don't get guilty about it people. For a minute if you think that Gen. Boykin's comments are going to inflame anything in the middle east, look again.

So, since they're making it a holy war then we should too? REMEMBER it's not Islam we're going after, it's terrorists.

This guy is an idiot. He should not have this position because by speaking publicly in uniform like this he's assuming the role of a policy maker. This policy does not represent the views of Americans. We're all idiots if we let him keep this position.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Not when he is speaking in an official capacity (i.e. in uniform - as a general)... then he is speaking for the governement, and must spout the party line.

I disagree. Just because he is in uniform does not mean he is in "official capacity ". If the president went to a prayer breakfast in a suit would he have to " spout the party line."

I don't think so!