dquinn01

Stolen Gear at Skydive Houston

We had a breakin at Skydive Houston last night and 2 student rigs were taken. They are Mirage RTS rigs with Skydive Houston on the mud flap. Here are the details:

Rig 1: RTS M6 s/n: 03349 DOM 5/2004, Reserve: Raven 2 s/n: 02425741 DOM 11/94, Student Cypres2 DOM 6/2004, Main is a PD student navigator 200.

Rig 2: RTS M7 s/n: 05347 DOM 4/04, Reserve: Sharpshooter s/n: SC5083-R DOM 7/93, Student Cypres2 s/n: 10353 DOM 8/2004, Main is a PD student navigator 280.

Please contact the dropzone with any information at 979-234-2132.

John, here's the skinny:

There was no sign of forced entry into the hangar as there were people staying in there last night. There was no damage and what this individual took was selective. Even though he had direct access to the video room, no video gear was taken. He only took 2 student rigs and could have taken ALL of the gear. No tv's, no dvd players, no helmets. He did take a few of the DeepSeed tandem suits, and the rest of the stolen items were directed to one individual. We believe we know who it was as he didn't show up to work this morning. Do you remember seeing that Jeep Laredo in the parking lot with the camouflage paint job (blood red, brown and white)? It has wyoming plates.... :S

"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Hi Stacey. Boy, this really makes my blood boil. You think you have a close-knit friendly family of jumpers, only to find out there's a fucking traitor in our midst. But sadly, it's happened before.

Who was the "one individual" whose items were stolen? Was there friction between these two individuals?

And do we have enough other student rigs to continue student training unimpeded?

The student rigs were black, with yellow embroidery, correct? We need to let everyone know the colors, to help them be on the lookout for them. The thief will probably pick-out the embroidery to disguise their origin, but close examination should make it obvious that such has been done.

The vehicle is very distinctive: Jeep station wagon with camo paint scheme, done in primer colors like green, tan and rust. Wyoming license plates. Drop Zones: Be on the lookout for this vehicle, and if you see this vehicle in your parking lot - BEWARE!

Yes, John, you are correct about the student rigs. I have heard that we will have them replaced by the weekend. The individual we think is the thief was the newest ops guy, Mike. He was the rig runner this past weekend. Since he wasn't a jumper and had done only two jumps prior to coming to us, I don't think he understands how close our community is. I.T. posted the serial numbers in the original post.
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

The rigs and all other items have been recovered. Thanks for the lookout, lets hope this doesnt happen again!

So he took them home with him for safekeeping?....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....