judd

any long island skydivers here?

i live in Long Island NY and essentially have a choice between 2 schools in which to do my first tandem. one is longislandskydiving.com and the other is skydivelongisland.com can anyone from long island recommend one or the other? not that it really matters but id like to stick with one place

You can try the ranch in Gardiner NY. I chose it over the other places around NYC. I have been very happy going ther. I am close to the end of my AFF classes and I very glad I chose the Ranch. You can reach them at (845) 255-4033. The have a website also it's www.skydivetheranch.com

Where ever you go, try to bring some light gloves. It's starting to get a little cold at altitude here in the northeast.

Have fun and good luck.

B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

if you pick either of the two I would go with skydive Long Island...Long Island skydiving is tandems only. You can't further your training there.
But, if possible, definitely try the ranch. Its upstate and its a great DZ. Definitely worth the drive! Plus theres lots of Long Islanders and others from the city up there too...its great!
Skys the limit and cross keys are also nearby in Jersey...i haven't been to either though....

*daizey*

Hey Judd!

Long Island Skydiving Center in East Moriches actually does do student training... just limited at the moment though. We do the first three tandem levels for AFP. All our students then continue their training at the Ranch. Experienced jumpers must be current and have a D License. We are seasonal - May to mid October in New York. The Ranch would be your best bet.

Where ever you choose to go - have fun! It is an amazing sport.

Blue ones..

Joi

Hey bro.
I only have 2 jumps but
I go to Skydive long island there really cool every one there is nice and there real pros man.
If you need any help or have any ? PM me
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Hey whats up? Like what Daizey said. I did mine at Skys the limit. Small DZ but everyone really cool!! Been checking out SDLI and the people seem really awesome. They are constantly trying to get different planes in. It all depends, do you have the time to travel or do you want to stay local.

Either way dress WARMMM..It's getting cold up there and let me know when you'll be around. Be great to meet up with other LIers

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein