cecily

Question for the boys!!

I'm a newbie, former lurker, first post. Question for the men...

Do you believe a man could become so obsessed with a woman from a single encounter? Could he daily feel a stab of hunger for her? Find nourishment in the very sight of her?

I think so. But would she see through the bars of his plight and ache for him too?

[smartass]

Do you believe a man could become so obsessed with a woman from a single encounter?

That is called lust.

Could he daily feel a stab of hunger for her?

Again, lust. Often referring to a different woman than the one in the first encounter, because lots of women walk down the street, and guys never just look where they are walking.

Find nourishment in the very sight of her?

Hmm... "Nourishment"? That usually has to do with taste, which I won't go into here.

But would she see through the bars of his plight and ache for him too?

Woh! Red Alert! Metaphors. You just lost most of the guys.

[/smartass]

first post

Oh yeah. Beer!

;)

Do you believe a man could become so obsessed with a woman from a single encounter? Could he daily feel a stab of hunger for her? Find nourishment in the very sight of her?

I think so. But would she see through the bars of his plight and ache for him too?

Firts of all, lets address this post for what it is . . . A first . . . So we will continue after beer is brought to the DZ.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

LOL

well, newbie Cecily... if that is your real name :)
I think love at first sight definately exists and happens everyday. Some recognize it and some cannot. In my oppinion, it's the confusion with everyday lust (which is programed into each one of us) which takes away from the credibility of this phenomenon and gives true love at first sight a bad name.

Though some of us beleive there is but one special person out there for each person, the truth is that there is any number of people compatible enough to enjoy a happy love-life with him/her. If you beleive in 'love at first sight', you must truly beleive in it... and beleive that people have certain connections between them that go beyond the communication methods we already know.

Woa, pretty deep for a Monday morn.

Just my $0.02CND
Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Yes, it's more than possible. It's called love at first sight, my friend, and it's a powerful feeling. Problem is: this feeling can be good and bad. The good is the obvious. The bad, well, does she look at you the same way? That's the first thing you need to figure out.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

People still believe in love at first sight? Don't get me wrong, I believe in spritual connections that go beyond our understanding (as in, two people "meant" for each other.) Love takes more than just looking at a person, however. It's kind of like saying you know so much about that person at first sight.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

People still believe in love at first sight? Don't get me wrong, I believe in spritual connections that go beyond our understanding (as in, two people "meant" for each other.) Love takes more than just looking at a person, however. It's kind of like saying you know so much about that person at first sight.

We're more on the same page than you think.

If you truly beleive in the fact that people can be 'meant' for eachother (and I do despite the fact that everyone can find happiness with any number of people out there), than can this spiritiaul connection not be sensed before-hand?

In other words, two poeple are comletely compatible for one another, say they share a connection that neither of them is aware of. If this connection is true, it is an energy linking them and can be sensed by a perceptive/responsive/sensitive individual. It is my blelief that this is what we call 'love at first sight' because you can feel the overwhelming 'good vibes' from the start.... This is often confused with the stirring in the pants caused by true lust at first sight though.

Yes, Yes and YES again! BTW thats a lovely red dress you're wearing today. xxx

'Find nourishment in the very sight of her? '

Do you mean she works in Burger King?:S

So do you Skydive?

Or just into Skydiver guys? ;)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

If you truly beleive in the fact that people can be 'meant' for eachother (and I do despite the fact that everyone can find happiness with any number of people out there), than can this spiritiaul connection not be sensed before-hand?

Yes, but that is not love. A connection is a connection. Love is love. It's kind of like saying you love a person by seeing their name on a piece of paper. (Bad example) many people find their significant others online. They feel strong connections after chatting with them for a bit. I would not call that love, since love requires actually knowing a person. How can you love someone for who they are if you don't even know who they are?

Well, I'm no guy, but I've had one in my time....

To answer your question, I believe, YES, but not as literally as some take it. I believe in love at first sight in the sense that, from the moment you meet, you're on that path. I don't think you look at someone you just met an hour ago and think "I'm in love", but I know that from the day I met my boy-toy we were exclusive and inseparable. It's three years later, one beach house later, a wedding sure to come and a couple hundred jumps together in between.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I have to say yes i have felt that way and it was not lust I didn't want to "do her".
I wanted to get to know her it was kind of a Vibe. But being that i am chicken shit and suck at asking any one out i didn't find out what would happen.:(
Good luck
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yes, but that is not love. A connection is a connection. Love is love. It's kind of like saying you love a person by seeing their name on a piece of paper. (Bad example) many people find their significant others online. They feel strong connections after chatting with them for a bit. I would not call that love, since love requires actually knowing a person. How can you love someone for who they are if you don't even know who they are?

Ah-Ha! Well, now we get to terminology... firstly, are we not all supposed to love everyone? Obviously now, I love my neighbor in a completely different sense than my spouse or significant other but it just goes to show how the word is bounced around.

"A connection is a connection. Love is love." True true but read the rest of my post. It's less like saying you love a person by seeing their name on a piece of paper and more like saying you love someone after reading their life story.

If you read the rest of my post, you'll note that the two people are compatible in every way, could be 'meant for eachother', and share a spiritual connection. If you are one of these people, and you meet the other and sense these things... truly believe them... than how can you not love this person?

I know what you're saying about most people don't love eachother until after chatting abit and whatnot.. I simply present that we don't decide that we love someone... we discover it. Thusly, it is possible for the extremely sensitive to know it is love from the start?

I simply present that we don't decide that we love someone... we discover it.

Ahhh...I see what you're saying. I somewhat agree with that. However, most people in most relationships will always tell you that that's what they fit under. When you hear someone say that they love someone after knowing a person for 1 week, but ask them what they really know about that person...that's where the contradiction sits.

No one will ever figure this stuff out! :D

I dont know about the whole "nourishment" thing. Sounds a bit too corny to me.

Obsessed? Yes (lust)
Hunger? Yes (lust)

I see no "plight" here, so no she cant see through it.

She can ache for him too (lust)

I do not believe in love at first sight. Real emotional bonds take time and intimacy to develop (IMHO)
Lust is hormonal/chemical in nature and is usually more or less instantaneous.

This lust can often be confused with emotions and called "love" but I do not believe that it is.

Didja have sex with him on the counter? :S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures