bmcd308

Are you an active skydiver?

This might not be the best-designed poll, but I am curious about how many people on dz.com consider themselves "active" skydivers. Note that if you are injured, you should check whichever box would apply to you if you were not currently injured. Ditto for people whose current military assignment keeps them from jumping, etc.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I jump as often as finances and time allow...unless I'm helping the DZ by working manifest.

I'd love to have enough money to pay bills, not work and jump all day every day...but, I'd also love a solid gold house. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

i am officially up to my eyeballs in debt fro gear and jumping.

It's a little cloudy under there too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I hate to admit it, but I am not able to make skydiving enough of a priority to be able to justify spending the money I don't have right now on it. Fortunately, the winter is upon me, so I am hoping that by spring, I'll be in a better place to jump more.

I do feel that my inability to jump as regularly as some is viewed as a detriment. That I am somehow less of a skydiver because I've only made 29 jumps in the two seasons since I've started. [:/]
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

I don't jump every week, i tend to do it in blow-outs a few months apart.

Main reason is money & gear, but it doesn't stop me from learning, so i try and do just that.

I don't really class myself as a PW as most of my posts contain more than 5 words. ;)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

the only thing thats stops me from jumping is
1. RAIN and wind
2. MONEY

ditto for me :)
If it's rainy by me, i'll look for other DZs that are within driving limits to see if i can jump somewhere else. pretty sad eh?
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Maybe you two should move to AZ. I never really have to worry about any of that, if it does happen to rain it will only last a few mins and the cloud coverage wont last that long either. The only thing you have to worry about here is dust devils and turbulance, but really that doesn't last long either. However, since there is lots of loads everyday then you will have to worry about the whole money thing.

However, since there is lots of loads everyday then you will have to worry about the whole money thing.

How many loads, on average? heh, I said "loads". :P
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

I jump as often as I want not to the detriment of other responsibilities because skydiving doesnt interfere with my other responsibilities.... probably because I dont have very many! No kids, no stupid boyfriend, I do have a job but only have to work an occasional weekend. In that case, work comes first.
I'll take weekend trips that dont involve skydiving sometimes. Sometimes I'll spend a saturday running errands if its the only time I have to do it.. I will get to the drop zone a little later on weekends so I can get a workout in first. I love skydiving, but it doesnt consume me. I manage to fit it in with my other activities/responsibilities. I'm enjoying it at this stage in my life.

However, I have recently learned my lesson to NOT leave the DZ early for a date.. especially when I could have made some night jumps! That would have been sooooo much better than the date!

hehehe..."no kids, no STUPID boyfriend". Just noticing the qualifier. B|

Maybe you two should move to AZ. I never really have to worry about any of that.

You're lucky then. If I could find a job out there, it wouldn't be a bad option. Nothing can be as bad as jersey right?! Well, i'll be out at eloy in december, we'll see how that goes (i'll probably bring the bad weather out there or something:S) ;)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I made my living at jumping for a lot of years, but am now living on Canada pension, and its only a little more than $1000. per month. With rent, phone, car insurance, gas, food, there just isnt any left for jumps anymore.

I love talking to all you fly people though....you can still make it interesting for me.

thanks

BILL COLE D-41:D

grounded for another 2 months or so...

SUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKS...Damn my hand is tired.