woppyvac

Is the MARS M2 available in the USA yet?

Hi nt8us,

No. This unit is a 2nd generation MARS & is from, I think, the Czeck ( sp [:/] ) Republic.

Their original configuration was a complete unit that was to be built into the bottom of the reserve pack tray to replace the floor plate & to cut the Locking Loop at that location.

Look here:

http://www.dropzone.com/gear/Detailed/547.html

And here:

http://www.marsjev.cz/products/n-1.htm?lang=en

I hope that this helps,

JerryBaumchen

Hi Terry,

Of course there are orphan containers. All Relative Workshop,

Why do you say this? A name change is merely an administrative thing with the FAA; quite easy to do.

They are still building from their original TSO authorization.

Just had to give you a bad time :P

"Honest, officer; I couldn't help doing it." :)

JerryBaumchen

As I understand it the assets, including the TSO's, of one company were sold (transfered) to a new company. Thus UPT has no liability for RWproducts.

Like Glidépath to flight concepts and Precision aerodynamics to precision.aero.

Bill, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Hi Terry,

Always interesting stuff; of which trivia is made of.

Thus UPT has no liability for RWproducts.

I do believe that is was Alexis de Tocqueville in his book, 'Democracy in America.' who said "Ultimately, everything in America will be decided in court."

JerryBaumchen

PS) I've got too much time on my hands today; time to go shopping. :P

Although it may be available in a month, what about manufacturer approvals?

Tee!
Hee!

Some manufacturers are fussier than others.

For example, Strong insisted on test dropping Vigil 1 before they approved it in their tandem systems.
They loaded up rubber test dummies with 500 pound bundles (a common military free fall load) and dropped them out of airplanes above 10,000 feet. Since the dummies exceeded 200 miles per hour, the Vigils got confused and shut off ... something about exceeding the envelope.

After "bouncing" a couple of rubber dummies, Strong Enterprises was "reluctant" to approve Vigil 1 and waited until Vigil 2 was introduced before approving them.

Although it may be available in a month, what about manufacturer approvals?

Tee!
Hee!

Some manufacturers are fussier than others.

For example, Strong insisted on test dropping Vigil 1 before they approved it in their tandem systems.
They loaded up rubber test dummies with 500 pound bundles (a common military free fall load) and dropped them out of airplanes above 10,000 feet. Since the dummies exceeded 200 miles per hour, the Vigils got confused and shut off ... something about exceeding the envelope.

After "bouncing" a couple of rubber dummies, Strong Enterprises was "reluctant" to approve Vigil 1 and waited until Vigil 2 was introduced before approving them.

I've just had an AH HA moment!

That explains why when Vigil 2s get confused they fire. It was a remedy to the situation you described. Get confused? Fire! Like the time the Vigils got confused by the aircraft pressurizing on the ground and all the Vigils wondered why they were below take off altitude... so they fired.

Thanks Rob! Now I understand why Vigils behave like this. Simple problem, simple answer.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy