upjeeper

Info on military container?

I'll post it in the classifieds after my account is 3 days old

Don't expect much more than garage sale money unless it's been inspected and deemed airworthy by an FAA certified rigger.

Age, abuse, and improper storage can damage it to the point of not being safe to jump. Even then, there are 'limited' uses for that type of gear in sport skydiving, and a good supply of ex-military jumpers with access to used military gear of 'known' quality.

E-bay might be a better resource for finding a buyer.

There should be a "data panel" on it somewhere, on the backpad or under a flap somewhere. That will have the manufacturer name, date, serial number, etc. Take a photo of that and post it here.

thanks, but i looked. there is nothing

There should be a "data panel" on it somewhere, on the backpad or under a flap somewhere. That will have the manufacturer name, date, serial number, etc. Take a photo of that and post it here.

Cause all parachute systems have that, huh John Rich?

Cause all parachute systems have that, huh John Rich?

Does this really pass your smell test?

It reminds me of a MACH III Alpha military freefall container built by FXC/Guardian.
The simplest way to distinguish it - from a Para-Flite container- is to count the number of reserve closing loops.
Hint: Mach III Alpha has only one reserve closing loop.

Another hint: you may never find a data panel, because some military, special forces units (CIA, etc.) request "sanitized" parachutes that allow them to deny that their operatives were every in another country.
Hah!
Hah!

Third hint: I never saw that (1980s, United States Army woodland camoflage on any Para-Flite products), but FXC/Guardian did portray that colour-scheme in Mach III Alpha advertising.

Fourth hint: since I have never seen a harness with TWO quick-release boxes on the harness, I suspect that this was built for some amphibious raider unit, like the Australian SAS.

It reminds me of a MACH III Alpha military freefall container built by FXC/Guardian.
The simplest way to distinguish it - from a Para-Flite container- is to count the number of reserve closing loops.
Hint: Mach III Alpha has only one reserve closing loop.

Another hint: you may never find a data panel, because some military, special forces units (CIA, etc.) request "sanitized" parachutes that allow them to deny that their operatives were every in another country.
Hah!
Hah!

Third hint: I never saw that (1980s, United States Army woodland camoflage on any Para-Flite products), but FXC/Guardian did portray that colour-scheme in Mach III Alpha advertising.

Fourth hint: since I have never seen a harness with TWO quick-release boxes on the harness, I suspect that this was built for some amphibious raider unit, like the Australian SAS.

The main reason US Military Gear, sold through DRMO, have the Data Panels Removed, is to keep them from getting back in the air. They are typically Deemed not Air Worthy and the Military wants no part in the Liability of the rigs being used, any more.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It is a HALO/HAHO system made by Guardian Parachutes, part of FXC.

Sparky

http://www.fxcguardian.com/

thanks Sparky.
What would you recommend would be a fair price? I'm glad to give someone a good deal who can get use out of it. I don't jump.

I am a rigger not a salesman, I wouldn't even venture a guess. :P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals