RkyMtnHigh

mid life crisis

People always tend to get upset when someone they care about breaks out of the Matrix and decides to fly, or do something a little closer to the edge than they are used to. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, so I throw mine out of the airplane every weekend!
It's the Year of the Dragon.

The mid-life crisis is simple. It is a crisis brought about by understanding the importance of answering one question... "Is this all there is to life?"

Men go through it at 35, women at 28. (personal observation)

"OMG, all I do is get up and go to work and wait for the one week out of the year for my vacation and happiness?"

"For the next 30 years?"

"This sucks... I'd better start living..."

Seems like you got your wakeup call. :)

They've said I've lost my mind! Have I?

As I usually answer to my wuffo friends:

Do you live to work or do you work to live !!!

This explains why I am broke now ...

You can't determine the length of your life
- but you can control its height and depth.

Nope, your mind is intact. On the other hand, if those are also important parts of your life, you'll need to figure out how to make them work. Or else it'll be a midlife change.

Of course, that might be what you want.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I started my mid life crisis (OK I hope its early as I am only 29) 2 weeks ago.

Result I quit my $80,000+ a year job and will open and run a small dz in March 2004. I am going to be working 7 days a week, 11 hours a day for 10 months a year, will get paid $20,000 a year if I'm lucky and can't wait!

Its not a crisis - its a correction!

You're right -- it's not a crisis, but a correction. And good luck with it. Even if you end up correcting again, man, think of all the experiences you'll have :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Mid-life?? then that means im almost there also. Nahh its not a mid life crisis. I think some of us just have to find out what makes us happy. Some ppl go through life and never find the one true thing that makes them happy. I'm so lucky that i found it when I did. I never dawned on me that while searching for it that i should have looked 13.5k above the ground. Do whatever makes you happy and the hell with everyone else!

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan