Non-PC Skydivers? Gun freaks!

I'm new to the sport and I'm thankful that I can go make a skydive at lunch time and not have to talk politics and be judged, everyone at my DZ is very cool and helpful but I have noticed by listening to passing conversations that a majority of skydivers are PC, liberal whatever.....(maybe I'm wrong but...)

I don't care but are there any jumpers out there that wish they could make a skydive and dump a few rounds :owhile under canopy from thier M-1A or AR-15! YEAH BABY!!! :)
When in doubt......Empty the magazine!

I had an idea for freefall sniping. Seriously. Get stable, aim at a target on the ground, and shoot. Stop looking at me that way. I'm serious. [:/]

Scary thing would be looking at the ground through a scope while in freefall. Ground rush?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Someone holds a Chute and Shoot contest every year. I believe Skymonkeyone knows all about it. But I don't think you get to shoot while you are under canopy.

When I first heard there was paintball at Rantoul, I thought of canopy paintball. It'd be fun!

Getting back to the original post, I've found dz populations to be pretty representative of upper-class America. It's for that reason that I'm not surprised most are for gun control, as that seems to mirror the rest of the country at large.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Might I suggest that the reason you have so many liberals at your dropzone is because you live in California? It might be the state, not the sport ;)

In my observation, travelling to different dropzones in different states, there are more right-wing, gun-totin' skydivers than free-love, liberal skydivers. But not in California :|
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

there were some guys across the airport one day at my DZ shooting some sort of canon. Rapid machine gun fire is normal from their area. Crazy!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

If it hadn't been for cloudy days at the dz, I probably would have never shot a gun yet. I'm really bad at it though. We have lots of "gun freaks" at our dz, and if they aren't a gun freak then they are an explosives freak. :ph34r:

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

We have a thanksgiving day feast and gun fest at out dz. It is an annual thing for all the homeless skydivers. (college town) After the meal we all go out and shoot skeet, pistols, targets, paintball, etc. Of course there is no jumping on that day and we are all drinking like vikings, but this IS TX and that is normal.:D Nothing like beer and guns for a good ole redneck thanksgiving.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Okay. I'm in Michigan. And NOBODY jumps with guns. BUT, it is the "midWest" and people do have guns. And I guarantee you there is a fair mix of conservatives and liberals.

Lots of our jumpers spent time or started their jumping careers in the armed forces. Many own several guns.

Early, early, early season we like to pull 'em out and shoot at bottles and targets now and then. But NEVER NEVER NEVER mix it with jumping. That's just plain sketchy if you ask me.

Potatoe guns... now there's a different story!!!! ;)

I noticed you jump at Byron, which is in the bay area here in CA. The home of political correctness. Most people in the bay area don't like guns. I imagine that elsewhere in the country it's quite different. There seem to be a number of gun owners on this forum

*backs away slowly and slips into the shadows to watch the carnage*

*...stumbles over Twardo already hiding in that corner shadow shaking his head in amused disbelief*

oh shit sorry didn't see ya there!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Oh god...another gun thread.:P

Gun threads are fun, but they all seem to fall apart into a gun debate. Some members of both sides of the fence are very well read and informed, so the debates go no where. Especially since both sides won't budge an inch.

Anyways, try to mug me, I dare you. To make it fun, pull a knife on me or another weapon. You'll have 2 in the chest and one in the head before you can take the next step.>:(
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Early, early, early season we like to pull 'em out and shoot at bottles and targets now and then. But NEVER NEVER NEVER mix it with jumping. That's just plain sketchy if you ask me.

Now if the canopy pilot is left to steer and the tandem rider is armed, that's a whole new game, huh?;)

The Chute and Shoot will be in it's 8th year next year and as I understand, once again it will be conducted in April at the Sherman Hill Shooting Center in Forest, MS. The range is NRA and CMP affiliated and the owner is a fellow NRA life member. It combines accuracy landings from 4k and shooting five different types of firearms, including those dreaded submachine guns. No firearms ratings are required, but all competitors must possess a USPA D license.

Last year skydiving experience ranged from Bill Schmitt's 5,000 jumps, to Jim Cazer's 3,000, to Clyde Morgan's 239.

Anybody else interested in going next year?:ph34r:

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Almost forgot the dates: April 24-25

For more information, contact Clyde Morgan (601) 825-3971. PM me for his email or if you're thinking about going.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

No firearms ratings are required, but all competitors must possess a USPA D license.

Last year skydiving experience ranged from Bill Schmitt's 5,000 jumps, to Jim Cazer's 3,000, to Clyde Morgan's 239.

They changing it to a "C"? If so, I might be game.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed you jump at Byron, which is in the bay area here in CA. The home of political correctness. Most people in the bay area don't like guns. I imagine that elsewhere in the country it's quite different. There seem to be a number of gun owners on this forum

Cough Cough Byron PC??? LOL... more like drunken n depraved ;)

Seriously tho, have you ever jumped at Davis? The gun club borders the landing area, and often your final wil start right on top of the club .

I'd imagine it'd be pretty frickin hard to aim tho considering you're moving at ~30mph forward and down.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1