RkyMtnHigh

Emerald Coast DZ

Fairhope. I grew up there and moved to Colorado 20 years ago and have stayed. Since my new addiction to skydiving, I've talked my brother into going with me (if the weather is good) over the Thanksgiving holiday. We both have soo many Flora/Bama High School memories! It'd be cool to re-live it all. I'm hoping that he gets addicted to skydiving too! We are so much alike, I have a feeling that I'm about to awaken his "giant within"! P'cola is really close to Flora/Bama!:)

My family is in Pensacola as well. I lived down there for 2 months this summer. I used to go to Emerald Coast when I was visiting but over the summer I drove the extra time to Moss Point. Both are really fun places, but Moss Point has a better night life.

Flora-bama jumps rock though :)

I'm not sure if they do beach jumps on a regular basis there. I did the boogie there in 02. I have some great footage of the beach jump. Swooping downwind past some tanning hotties was fun. That is kind of a strange DZ though. No after jumping beers at the DZ. During the boogie everyone meets at the Florabama for beers and mud bugs. Old Mr. Horak gets quite bitchy if you hang around drinking after hours. Just ask Wingnut. :D

I'm not sure if they do beach jumps on a regular basis there. I did the boogie there in 02. I have some great footage of the beach jump. Swooping downwind past some tanning hotties was fun. That is kind of a strange DZ though. No after jumping beers at the DZ. During the boogie everyone meets at the Florabama for beers and mud bugs. Old Mr. Horak gets quite bitchy if you hang around drinking after hours. Just ask Wingnut. :D

Cool..thanks for the headsup!

this could be so fun to experience our brothers' FIRST jump!

Kalyne, you are an evil evil person for trying to convert your brother into your or should I say our addiction? I mean he's a perfectly good whuffo and you want to turn him into one of us? ;) Hmmm ... I'm happy that you're still very much thinking about your addiction though. B| Keep up the good work and get some jumps in when you can.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

this could be so fun to experience our brothers' FIRST jump!

Kalyne, you are an evil evil person for trying to convert your brother into your or should I say our addiction? I mean he's a perfectly good whuffo and you want to turn him into one of us? ;) Hmmm ... I'm happy that you're still very much thinking about your addiction though. B| Keep up the good work and get some jumps in when you can.

Thanks CANUCK! for your concern;) My brother and I are one in the SAME, except we happen to be different genders. He and I share the same love for COLDPLAY!, music, same work, competitive sailing in the worst of conditions!, same everything and there was No freakin' way I'd keep this adrenalin rush from him! I've talked about and shared my experiences of skydiving and had him watch the World Cup Skydiving on Discovery Wings tonight and he said "sign me up!" Whoo Hoo! I can't wait to fly next to him and see his facial expression on his first jump!;):P

Old Mr. Horak gets quite bitchy if you hang around drinking after hours. Just ask Wingnut

don't think that was the guys name but yeah, he did tell us to quite down or go someplae else...lol..... the boogie was fun and i finally got my pictures developed just over a year and a half later............

i jumped at emerald coast for the better part of 6 months at the begining of 2002 and it wasn't a bad dz at all... yeah the nightlife sucked comared to some places but hey i was coming from a dz in germany where there was no nightlife t all...... great landing area. no idea what they have for a plane now... i recomend it. it is the closest to pensicola...... but mos point is only like anohter hour or so away and is worththe drive!!!!! mardi gras boogie 2002 rocked...... hope they have it agin so i can make it back, but with last years boogie who knows.....

Old Mr. Horak gets quite bitchy if you hang around drinking after hours. Just ask Wingnut

don't think that was the guys name but yeah, he did tell us to quite down or go someplae else...lol..... the boogie was fun and i finally got my pictures developed just over a year and a half later............

i jumped at emerald coast for the better part of 6 months at the begining of 2002 and it wasn't a bad dz at all... yeah the nightlife sucked comared to some places but hey i was coming from a dz in germany where there was no nightlife t all...... great landing area. no idea what they have for a plane now... i recomend it. it is the closest to pensicola...... but mos point is only like anohter hour or so away and is worththe drive!!!!! mardi gras boogie 2002 rocked...... hope they have it agin so i can make it back, but with last years boogie who knows.....

check out their website..they are doing Mardi Gras Boogie early March!:P