ORGASMO

What the hell is going on with AAD's ??

as a Cypres fan and Cypres saved, I must say that not all what is reported is on the list... For example my save. Very well documented, with video etc etc...

Why not?
Your simplest response would be to post your Accident, Incident or Malfunction report on-line.

There, I just challenged you to publish your "documentation!"

dear Rob, At the Time, the report was sent to Airtec, we exchanged letters, I sent them the "full quality" video which they used on the promo video and also to show to their production staff, they sent me lots of Cypres stuff (including my awesome one-of-a-kind T-shirt). Also when they published the video on YouTube I asked them to pull it down.
They DO know about this incident.
I do not have a copy of the original report though[url]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

This was my first thread, I enjoy reading and learning far more than posting and getting the expected "you're a dumb ass and don't even know what you don't know" responses.

I realize my "opinion" is not the popular one, however I felt strongly enough on this subject to subject myself to the non agreeable responses in hopes of learning more on the subject, and also hoped it may provoke other jumpers to inform themselves of the very involved and intricate details of AAD functionality and design as it pertains to various containers.

Thank you to all who took the time to post and pass on their knowledge, experience and opinions, even you Sparky, sincerely. If we are ever at the same DZ I would not hesitate to buy you a beer and chat more on the subject, as I do not discount your experience or knowledge just because we have a difference of opinions.
ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough

Challenge away. I don't know about the actual report given to Airtec but his save is clearly documented right here on this site. See for yourself.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

>By implementing mandatory AAD use THEY are trying to cover up for their
>poor training and operational methods

Every DZ out there mandates AAD's for students in their training programs.

>Its all $$$$$ to them.

AAD's _cost_ money and (sometimes) customers. How does mandating them make the DZ any money?

>They want the money from lots of jumpers . . .

And they get lots of jumpers by telling people "you can't jump here?" Your logic doesn't really make any sense.

Challenge away. I don't know about the actual report given to Airtec but his save is clearly documented right here on this site. See for yourself.

This is pretty good proof it happened.

Sparky

http://flic.kr/p/9RfLG2
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

There was a chance that the failure mode at issue could prevent the jumper from opening his rig with the ripcord.

Any cutter unit has the potential for failure in any known or yet-unknown manner. This particular failure mode is possible for any cutter only when the cutter is above the reserve deployment bag. The location causes the failure mode to exist.

If you want to avert yourself from this failure mode, you can purchase a container that allows for installation of the AAD's cutter at the base of the pack tray, get a puller type AAD, or go with the tried and true method of pulling your own handles.

I not sure there is a conspiracy.

In regards to those with comments about politics going on, it will be interesting for you to learn that the esteemed reverend Booth solely owns Vigil USA:
Florida Secretary of State

In regards to those with comments about politics going on, it will be interesting for you to learn that the esteemed reverend Booth solely owns Vigil USA:

Yes, we know that UPT is the US Vigil center. Would only make any difference to me if they banned ALL AAD's except the Vigils.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

There was a chance that the failure mode at issue could prevent the jumper from opening his rig with the ripcord.

Any cutter unit has the potential for failure in any known or yet-unknown manner. This particular failure mode is possible for any cutter only when the cutter is above the reserve deployment bag. The location causes the failure mode to exist.

If you want to avert yourself from this failure mode, you can purchase a container that allows for installation of the AAD's cutter at the base of the pack tray, get a puller type AAD, or go with the tried and true method of pulling your own handles.

"BOOTHBUSTERS" ~Really?! you're going with THAT?! :D

On the Vigil thing...ummm yeah, not exactly a 'news flash' :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Because of your chosen “username” and the fact that you attack from the dark your post and your opinion is worthless in my opinion.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'm getting sick and tired of the whole Argus response going on. ( or lack of ) I would love to see this company succeed, but it is clear that the ownership of it does not have a clue how to make it happen.

When a problem is identified with your product, the correct answer is NEVER to start pointing fingers at other people and saying "what about them?" The answer can only be to identify and correct the problem, or the perception of a problem in a straight forward open manner.

In this industry threatening to sue the companies that your rely on, in an open and public way is about the biggest mistake that can be made. SKYDIVERS HATE LAWSUITS.

Even if somehow they manage to get manufacturers to rescind the ban, this company is finished. After a debacle like this, no one is going to ever buy or recommend this product again.

As far as I can see Aviacom is finished, because they have allowed their credibility to be destroyed. And anonymous posters bad mouthing their competitors in this or any other forum have EVEN LESS credibility.

BOOTHBUSTERS ARE COWARDS

Ken Gowler
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Once again the moderators here have chosen to delete a bunch of perfectly innocent messages. So now it's time for some payback once again. Tsk tsk. It's too bad they continue this program of self-induced punishment. It would be so easy if they just left those innocent messages alone, and public. But, when they fucka wit me, I fucka wit them. So here we go again.