dropdeded

WTF is a Legal Separation

Isn't that when you don't spring for the divorce, but live separately and go about your lives as if you weren't married? I don't know, because I just went the most direct route and did the D. It was better than pretending a fundamental incompatibility issue could be resolved and reunification a viable option.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Can someone please explain "Legal Seperation" to me?

a "legal seperation" and what it entails can vary from state to state. but in general what it means is it's basically a 90 day period generally after one side or the other has contacted legal council and expressed a desire for a pending divorce. look up the family penal codes online at your attorney general's website in your state and county. hope this helps, and i wish you well.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

As my lawyer brother explained it to me, it was when he was separated from his house, his stocks, his bank accounts....
------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, so theres no worries here:P

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

45 degrees or a good 10 count :P
Sorry couldn't resist...

Seriously... that sucks. I think the above post has it right... you are about to be legally separated from all your shit.
Get your ducks in a row and figure out if there is anything you will need to defend yourself against and all that other great bullshit.
Good luck bro! [:/]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

Ed, I'm sorry to hear that, too. That really sucks -- there's been a lot going on, hasn't htere?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ed, I'm sorry to hear that, too. That really sucks -- there's been a lot going on, hasn't htere?
----------------------------------------------------------

Well guess who's jumping this weekend, and guess who dont give a fuck what "she" thinks:P

(just had to say that)

This has been a long time coming, not a huge surprise.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound so insensitive about your plight, as we perceive it. You have an entire community here for you...if you need us.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

----------------------------------------------------------

Well guess who's jumping this weekend, and guess who dont give a fuck what "she" thinks:P

(just had to say that)

This has been a long time coming, not a huge surprise.

dropdeded

Really, really sorry to hear that, Ed.

A.I.D.S.

Altitude induced divorce syndrome. What happens quite a bit when one jumps and the partner doesn't.

I guess I'm lucky. Mine says I can jump all I want, as long as I promise never, EVER to buy another crotch rocket/superbike. [:/]
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I don't know whether to say sorry or congratulations. Perhaps both. Moving on to a new phase of life is both frightening and exhilarating at the same time. Many vibes going out to you.

As far as legal separation goes, check with the state you reside in. I lived in Maryland where you have to be legally separated for 1 year for an uncontested divorce. We just made up a sheet that stated that as of such and such a day I moved out and we lived separately and had it notarized. Good luck, my friend.

edited to add: there are other rules that apply to legal separation to such as no intimate relations with the person you are separating from. Again, check the rules of the state you reside it... you can usually find it on the state's website under family law.

Fall in dove.