Vallerina

It's nasty!

I switched to Boca Burgers a few months ago, and I've been doing okay with just eating birds and fish. My usual cravings are for donuts, cookies, ice cream, and Buffalo fries, but a few days ago, I had a strong craving for a huge, fatty chili dog. Mmm...chili dog and beer....that's good stuff! Being the wonderful person that I am trying to save Abby's everywhere (a pet pig that would squeal at 4 am), I went for the "Smart Dog," a soy hot dog.

It looked like a hot dog. It felt like a hot dog. The smell even resembled a hot dog. However, all the onions and cheese in the world can't cover up the fact that this was not a hot dog. It tasted so gross. What am I supposed to do when I get a ham craving? If they can't imitate hot dogs, how can anyone imitate ham?

My guess is maybe it's just the brand. I've tried a few veggie burgers, and the only one I like is Boca. I just want a good fake hot dog!!! Help me!!!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

>If they can't imitate hot dogs, how can anyone imitate ham?

Odd but true fact:

You can't tell soy based ice cream from milk based ice cream when used on apple pie, but it is hideously obvious when used on brownies. So maybe it was the onions and cheese that were to blame.

It's a pork fat thing.

I think pork fat is natually engineered to be one of the tastiest natural things that ever existed.

Cut down on it if you like, but don't cut out all the pork fat... it just wouldn't be any fun.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

with just eating birds and fish

Try a Turkey dog yet?

I had Turkey bacon this weekend. I tell ya what, it was better than any pork bacon I've had in years!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hello Valerina,

Soooo, how come you stopped eating hot dogs, burgers and such? Not that it is any of my business of course but thought I would barge right in and ask anyway. ;)

Hello! I stopped eating them because I would sometimes feel ill after having a burger or something. It would feel like 10 pounds of cement in my stomach. I decided that if something (other than alcohol) made me feel that sick, then there was something just not right about it.

Ooh! Turkey dogs! Good call!

it was better than any pork bacon I've had in years!

Sell-out. :P

Do't get me wrong, I still eat Ham. I looooove ham. I love bacon too, and it just so happens that the turkey bacon has a great flavor, and doesn't shrivel up and disappear like pork bacon.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hello Valerina,

Soooo, how come you stopped eating hot dogs, burgers and such? Not that it is any of my business of course but thought I would barge right in and ask anyway. ;)

Hello! I stopped eating them because I would sometimes feel ill after having a burger or something. It would feel like 10 pounds of cement in my stomach. I decided that if something (other than alcohol) made me feel that sick, then there was something just not right about it.

Ooh! Turkey dogs! Good call!

How do you get that Burger cooked....rare??

You might wanna try the Morningstar Farms line of fake meats. Not too bad really. They have a nice Corn Dog on a stick that's a real quick microwave and munch that's pretty good. As is their fake bacon (aka fakeon) and fake chicken (aka fricken).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger".

:D I think it about killed my stomach a few times, though...

You might wanna try the Morningstar Farms line of fake meats.

Cool. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't like their burgers very much, but I'll try their other stuff. It can't get worse than Smart Dogs.

"if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger".

:D I think it about killed my stomach a few times, though...

You might wanna try the Morningstar Farms line of fake meats.

Cool. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't like their burgers very much, but I'll try their other stuff. It can't get worse than Smart Dogs.

I have to agree that Smart Dogs are terrible. My girl left some in the fridge and I tried one. You are right they smell just like a regular hot dog, but don't taste like one. I normally eat just about anything, but not smart dogs.

Try some Turkey hot dogs. Also the Morning Star bacon isn't too bad. I don't know if I would eat it by itself, but in a sandwich it's good. Also try Turkey burgers, Costco sells a brand thats pretty good. Turkey bacon I haven't tried lately.

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

MMMM, louisrich turkey dogs... I eat bacon/hot dogs/sausage & the rest, but love turkey dogs, turkey bacon & turkey ham - great taste!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I've never had a turkey dog before, but I did try a turkey burger once.
I swear, it could've gagged a maggot.

I'm sticking with the black bean veggie burgers for now.
----------
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, cheat death. If you steal, steal a woman's heart. If you fight, fight for a brother. If you drink, drink with me.