Nightingale

Pin Necklaces

Their site is incredible!

I'll tell the webmaster you said that...although the webmaster is really an asshole-skygod.;)

(dave's little secret: I was their webmaster, created the site, but had to give it up due to school/instructing load at the DZ).

You did their page? Wow! Yeah, I know the feeling of being too busy. Luckily I have a job that has been incredibly boring lately (as you can tell by my posting frenzy :D

Well if they don't mind having their link on my pathetically inferior site, I'd be glad to put one up ;)

Pammi

Hint....If you just want opinions, post them as an attachment and ask people's opinions, but don't mention anything about wanting to sell them. People can pm you for more information if they are wondering how they can find such fine creations.

Hehe, you're such a sneaky little greenie!! B|

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

We award each of our students in our club a pin on attaining their A licence. Its a real award for them and a symbol that they've graduated to a fully fledged jumper. Those pins are really important to them.

That's a really nice touch...I'm surprised I've never come across it before

I may be gullible but at least I have a magic fish

I bought mine from the DZ.com Jewelry Shop. It's very pimp. $20...it broke the other day, but I've safety pinned it back together.

Is there any un-written codes amongst skydivers that you aren't supposed to wear these things till you have your license? I don't have my A yet, but I'm still wearing a necklace...is that bad? Go ahead...

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

When (how many jumps) can you get a Pin Necklace
and not be considered a poser .
I just finished my tandems. 3 jumps
should i get mine
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You can get one when you learn the secret skydiver handshake. B|
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

I made my own as well, with stainless findings and leather cord, bound with purple twine to hold everything in place.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

at least you asked before you were a poser... i don't care who wears one, but it does take away from the symbol when someone with one tandem wears one and doesn't even know what function it has in the gear system...

that being said, i've met people at clubs that I otherwise wouldn't have talked to becuase they had a pin necklace on. and it's a good conversation starter. but i haven't worn mine in a while, the crutches took care of that part for a while :)

i also have made around 100 and sold many pin necklaces in the hemp version. beads are easy. hemp is time consuming so if you get a hemp necklace, know that someone's fingers probably worked a good hour+ on weaving that necklace for you. i sold a bunch at WFFC and have the rest in the gear store at elsinore. i've also mailed one to several people. Hey Gimp or Mal, take a photo of yours and post it. i've never had anyone say one of mine broke or fell off, and they all wear them jumping, some 24/7/365.

i personally don't like fancy jewelry, so i don't like single helix stuff or anything with a fake pin. i don't really wear jewelry so wearing a pin necklace is for the symbol of skydiving to me, and only seems appropriate to wear a real pin. that's just my opinion.

I do like Pammi's stuff, and i appreciate the work that goes into them. I also like Betsy's preyor pin necklace, but don't like that she can't jump with it.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

:P-- I certainly luv mine, it was a real special gift and a surprise. One evening at the local bar & grill a nicely wrapped box was given to me and it was explained it had been left in manifest earlier that day with appreciation...I couldn't guess who it was from -and when I was told- B|:);)

SMiles;)