Nelyubin

Cypres-2 fire on ground

Yes.
Received a very strange answer.

So, you sent them a device with a cutter that had been fired, and they say the device did not record it. Is that correct?

Did you personally see that the cutter had fired?

Or are you only reporting what you have been told by some other person?

Did anyone see it fire?

Did anyone hear it fire?

Are you the owner?

Are you a rigger?

(I am just interested to have some background information. As you say, the story is very strange so far.)

According to the response from Airtec, the unit was activated at jump 183, but they didn't receive the unit until after jump 343. Is it possible that the cutter didn't completely sever the reserve closing loop?

I was figuring that it had a "normal" activation back at jump 183.

It seems unlikely to me that it went 160 jumps with a partly severed loop.

But, you are right, I should have asked the OP for clarification on that too.

It seems unlikely to me that it went 160 jumps with a partly severed loop.

Especially considering the display would show it and no complete it's activation sequence on the next power cycle...

Of course! What was I thinking?!?

(I was a bit stunned by the concept. I should have thought some more before responding. Thanks for your post!)

Do you know for sure the closing loop was not in one piece?

Is it possible that the closing loop was cut by some means other than the cypres cutter?

Was it confirmed that the cypres cutter had activated (that is a visual check, right)?

Was the cutter returned to Airtek?

Normally these questions don't come up, but when the unit itself doesn't show the activation we can't help but wonder.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

According to the response from Airtec, the unit was activated at jump 183, but they didn't receive the unit until after jump 343. Is it possible that the cutter didn't completely sever the reserve closing loop?

'If' it was the case that the unit had fired at jump 183 ... What would be the indications on the control unit every time that it was switched on after that (i.e from jump 183 - 343)?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

'If' it was the case that the unit had fired at jump 183 ... What would be the indications on the control unit every time that it was switched on after that (i.e from jump 183 - 343)?

Error code 1111 or 2222 according to Cypres-2 manual.

Cheers mate.

So that 'probably' wouldn't have gone un-noticed?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So that 'probably' wouldn't have gone un-noticed?

Exactly.
It is very strange incident.

When Vigil-I misfired on the ground in 2006, manufacturer honestly made statement about registering of cutter activation conditions in the AAD memory. http://www.vigil.aero/files/VigilStatementAUG06_000.pdf For now they replace units with old softwar version with new one at a charge. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4112995;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Cypres-2 incident in Russia looks like sad mistery unlike Vigil-I misfiring.

Do you know for sure the closing loop was not in one piece?

Is it possible that the closing loop was cut by some means other than the cypres cutter?

Was it confirmed that the cypres cutter had activated (that is a visual check, right)?

Was the cutter returned to Airtek?

Normally these questions don't come up, but when the unit itself doesn't show the activation we can't help but wonder.

I had a bad grommet on one of my reserve flaps that was gradually sawing through the reserve closing loop. It never got to the point where it broke, but it could have.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

you sure it wasn't some shitty commie ripoff cypres2?

Your remark was uncalled for. [:/]

Sparky

why? are you a commie? they rip off other skydiving gear. why not rip off cypres? do you even jump anymore old man? or do you just sit and post bs from your rocking chair. peace out i'm on a call