WrongWay

I swear I'm not psycho.....

Okay, I've been reading up on a lot of different religions (one of those "find myself" things I guess) and I've noticed there are a lot of weird views on the subject of killing another human being. Example: Some say it's wrong all the time, others say it's okay when in the name of a religion, country, etc., and some say it's okay if the person deserved it (adulterous people, thieves, etc.). My question is, what's your opinion? I think we all agree that killing is immoral, but IYHO, can it be justified????

I'm not psycho, just curious, and find these religious views funny..... B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I think there are quite a few people that need killing.
Drug dealers, rapist, gang members, wife beaters, child abusers, lawyers and politicians in general, and terrorist... just to name a few.
Call it harsh, but there are too many people in the world and I could use the space. :S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

It is my belief that killing another person is just only in the case of self defense or the defense of another human, and there has to be clear and present danger at the time of the killing.

Now kittens, that's a different matter.;)

BTW, we still think you're psycho.:ph34r:

Drug dealers, rapist, gang members, wife beaters, child abusers, lawyers and politicians in general, and terrorist... just to name a few.

Are you prepared to do it, prepared to pull the trigger and watch a man die in front of you?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Since I do alot of my studing in law etc. I believe murder is justified if myself or a third party were in imminent danger.I have the right to protect myself,my loved ones,my property and those around me if needed. Since I do live in the great state of Texas and am a firm believer in capital punishment, I believe that state mandated homicide is also justified (yes, the death certificate of capital punishment inmates does state homicide as cause of death). I believe some acts of war are unfortunately necessary and that comes with a high price aswell.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I think we all agree that killing is immoral, but IYHO, can it be justified????

Hell yes
I will give you examples.
Child molesters should be shot. Government officials, that make decisions on killing people for there benefit (not naming any names). I think violent rapists. I know some might say that is extreme but the way I look at every thing in life is I imagine it happening to you or someone you really love (mom, Sister, wife, girl friend(who you love) you would want to shoot the scum bag who did that I know I would.
There is a lot of times I think that killing is justified god the whole cast of every Real World comes to mind but that’s another post.
Obviously self defense.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Note to self: never, EVER, put myself in a position to upset Amber. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

What about husband beaters? You left out husband beaters. You know, the guys who will not hit a woman, no matter how badly that particular bitch might deserve it?

Not that I would have any first hand knowledge of that, ya know. :S[:/]
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Jimbo,

In a word... "Yes"

I believe in taking responsibility for your actions and that includes following through on decisions.
If someone has to die and I have any part in that decision, I have no problem of pulling the trigger and cleaning up the mess after. I wouldn't expect someone else to do the dirty work. If it was my choice, then it should be my soul that has to deal with the conciquences. When I was an EMT, I literally had people die in my arms and I wasn't the person responsible for the situation, so I don't think I would have a problem watching a person die that I thought deserved to.

I'm not psycho either (no one has died yet :D), but I don't talk shit that I don't intend to back up either.

Most of my post was meant in jest (politicians and lawyers:)), but if you hurt my friends or family... you won't walk away from the situation >:(

( You know... it's hard to write about saying people deserve to die without coming across as a real psycho :P, oh well)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

I was watching an episode of The Practice and this topic was on the show: how does anyone feel about a woman who sees the man who brutally raped and killed her 4 year old daughter and then shoots him before they actually arrest him?

Yes we all know it is wrong to kill and the woman ended up being acquitted on First Degree Murder but convicted of Second Degree murder. She was sentenced to life and when the jury read the verdict you could see the shock and anguish in her eyes. I believe her attorneys will Appeal it but what does anyone feel about a case like that?
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Well, rage is certainly a powerful emotion. If there were any other justified reason for murder other than self-defense, the rage of such a person in such a situation would be it.

However, it seems to me that the death penalty is sort of an institutionalized rage. I think that the rage a person feels in the immediate aftermath of witnessing the rape and murder of their daughter is normal and justifiable. I do not think that building that rage into a system of rationalized state-sanctioned murder is.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All