SmoothAl

Tony Suit, Swoop Suit Questions

Hey everyone,

Just checking in to see who has a Tony Suit, "Swoop Suit". I have a gift certificate & I'm thinking of getting one. I have a regular TS right now, which is 10 years old, so it's time to get a new wardrobe.

What are your thoughts on it? Got pics of yours?

SA B|

I've had one swoop suit, and two of the std 'Tony' models.

The swoop suit will be appropriate for you if you don't need the extra drag that can be provided by the standard 'Tony' model. The swoop version isn't as low drag as the pit special, but might not be the right suit if gravity has more of an effect on you than you'd like. Consult with them directly to confirm what is appropriate for you.

If you decide to get the regular Tony suit, make sure they do the leg grips like the swoop and pit special, where the outer grip stays on the outer part of the leg instead of doing the 'S' shape and running up the back of the leg for the upper part of the grip. That and be sure to get inseam leg grips. I have size 13 shoes, and can get my feet in and out easily without zippers, so I think there is no need for them. I got continuous swoop cords on one of my suits, but never used/needed them, so unless you're especially gravity enhanced, don't bother. The double layer arms and legs are good at providing extra drag without making the suit extra large. They are good at making the suits with the right speed range if you are honest about your measurements and weight.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'm wondering if there's anyone in the South Bay / Los Angeles area that would be willing to help me with measurements. I want to make sure it fits on the first fitting. Not real confident in my measuring skills or if there are little tricks to measuring accurately. Anyone know of someone in this area?

I have two of them - one with a heavy cotton front for more drag, and one with a supplex front. I love them both, and have lots of range with each.

I'd recommend you order through the pro shop at your DZ -- they can help you choose the appropriate suit for you (for best rate of fall), and they'll know how to measure. And if you have any problems, they'll make sure you're taken care of.

Hey betzilla,

I definitely understand going to the local pro shop, however, I have a gift certificate from Tony Suit. With that said, the pro shop won't do the measurements for me because I'm not getting the suit through them...they're making no money from me. On this item, that is.

offer to pay the person who works there five bucks to do your measurements. I used to work in one (used to own it with my ex, actually), and we'd do that for people who want to not purchase through us for whatever reason, or who are buying some suits from companies for whom we aren't a dealer...

good luck! hope you love your suit

Yeah, I agree with betzilla, offer them $5. Had a rigger down in Z-Hills measure me for a Michigan suit, I just walked in, she took the 5 mins to measure me, and wouldn't let me pay her.

Some things are just great for customer service!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm wondering if there's anyone in the South Bay / Los Angeles area that would be willing to help me with measurements. I want to make sure it fits on the first fitting. Not real confident in my measuring skills or if there are little tricks to measuring accurately. Anyone know of someone in this area?

Don't measure youself. You can't. There's no way to accurately measure while you are bending over to hold the tape.

You really don't need a rigger to measure you. It's the best way to go, but any decent tailor/seamstress will be able to do it. Just make sure they understand what measurements need to be taken and how.
I had a seamstress measure me for my rig and it went fine. We worked off the measurement guide on the Velocity website and had zero problems. The only "odd" part was that the thigh measurements don't go straight around the thigh, but up to the hipbone following the route of the legstraps (This is very clear on the website). I explained this to the seamstress, she took the measurment correctly, and the rig fits perfectly.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo