jannu

Pro-Dytter dead

Hi

Last weekend my Pro-Dytter went dead suddenly. It was working on thursday and friday, then saturday morning it just wouldn't start up. I hadn't had the low battery warning going off earlier either. So I tried changing the batteries but no help.

On L&B website they say they no more service the Pro-Dytter but still I sent them an email asking if they had any idea how to fix the unit. The only solution they had when replying to my e-mail was to send me a set of fresh batteries.

I already changed the battery and don't see that trying another set of them would help.

Has anyone here had a similar problem you were able to fix or has my Pro-Dytter come to the end of it's life :(

Lucky for me I still have one that is working.. I love this audible as it is very easy to use and I've had it for many many years...

True though, I've revived a number of beepers/digi altis by first removing the battery, then after leaving the unit for a night, inserting a fresh battery - the right way up!!! and without touching it with your bare fingers.

Some batteries are just bad right from the start, some units need to "decharge", and a good number of people do manage to insert the battery the wrong side up. So, I don't think L&B's suggestion is a bad one at all.

ciel bleu,
Saskia