likestojump

catAgory vs catEgory

A diaper on a Preserve1 sparked my attention today (pic attached). After Googling my ass off, and searching these forums, I still have not found my answer. I checked diapers on other Preserves, and the writing is the same.

seems like catAgory is a common misspelling of the word catEgory, but it's hard to believe that a major manufacturer has been misspelling that for years...

Can someone enlighten me if I am missing something ?

thanks !

Yep, that looks unprofessional on something upon which your life depends...
Have you let the manufacturer know?

I have just sent them an email. The diaper writing is different on the newer style Preserves, so this may no longer be an issue. Just weird, since I have seen it on a 89,90 and 94 models....

What are the odds that those same people don't know the difference between they're/there/their or then/than or your/you're or should (could) have/should (could) of or a host of other indications that people seem to have stopped reading for pleasure. And, what are the odds that some people won't even understand this post? Good for you for catching that. You may find, however, that unintentional misspellings are becoming more prevalent even in professional writing that goes out for publication.