hawkflight

Is it normal?

Hi thanks first of all for all the advice on equipment
everybody........Secondly is it normal to be this obsessed with skydiving after only one tandem jump?....it's all i can think about....I start my AFF training on the 16th of November ...but find myself wishing it were TODAY.....I can't look at the sky without wishing I were up there......My whole life since i was a kid I have wanted to fly with the Hawks
and now that I have... I want to "BE" a hawk.....help me i'm flying.

"Any fool can learn for his own mistakes, a wise man learns from anothers." Mark Twain

Okay, so I am new here too and I don't make my first jump until November 22 - It will be AFF Level 1.

I am already addicted. I have checked out all the latest gear, I can think of nothing else, I keep reading about the first jump stuff, etc, etc, etc. . .

So, at least you have a tandem under your belt as an excuse. . .lol

I think it is pretty normal
FGF #6
Darcy

Welcome aboard!! Believe me it is very normal. You will soon give up all other interests that you have in life and spend every last penny/dollar (or whatever) that you possess on skydiving. You will be sat at work browsing the internet for skydiving related sites, looking up at the sky at every oportunity and boring all of your non-skydiving friends to death with your exploits. When you hit a bad patch in training (as most people do) just remember why you took the sport up in the first place, because it's the coolest sport around!! Remember that you may never get rid of the butterflies but you can teach them to fly in formation (cheers Vikos!!)

Ok, I know this sounds really lame, but for the 2 weeks after my first tandem, I would actually look at the sky and start crying. I think I was going through a really hard time then, and skydiving took ALL of that away for just those few moments in the sky. I really think that it can somehow alleviate so many feelings that you are having, however temporary that relief may be. Now that I have a few jumps under my belt, though, the feeling is different. I'm still obsessed, but the feeling is more one of excitement and exhilaration, and less one of relief from worry. Is it anything like that?

Kelly

damnit dont bring up scotch and other booze...hell thats for afterwards and it is almost as much fun, telling lies and drinking about it. Hell, i only have 8 jumps and actually had a co-worker tell me to shut up about skydiving at work today. i guess you could say i am addicted. welcome to the habit.
"GOT LEAD?"

I would venture to say that those who have experienced a tandem jump and did not get obsessed are abnormal!

BTW, I can't count how many times I watched my tandem videos with a huge smile on my face.

I am up to AFF Level 5 and still have no intention of quitting.

Chris

Okay, so I am new here too and I don't make my first jump until November 22 - It will be AFF Level 1.

I am already addicted. I have checked out all the latest gear, I can think of nothing else, I keep reading about the first jump stuff, etc, etc, etc. . .

So, at least you have a tandem under your belt as an excuse. . .lol

I think it is pretty normal

oh man you are in for a surprise... if you think you are addicted NOW... just WAIT!!!!:)

Hi thanks first of all for all the advice on equipment
everybody........Secondly is it normal to be this obsessed with skydiving after only one tandem jump?....it's all i can think about....I start my AFF training on the 16th of November ...but find myself wishing it were TODAY.....I can't look at the sky without wishing I were up there......My whole life since i was a kid I have wanted to fly with the Hawks
and now that I have... I want to "BE" a hawk.....help me i'm flying.

totally normal;)

Secondly is it normal to be this obsessed with skydiving after only one tandem jump?....it's all i can think about....I start my AFF training on the 16th of November ...but find myself wishing it were TODAY.....I can't look at the sky without wishing I were up there......

Stop it.. give up those silly dreams.. this is not normal.. You are a freak! Don't pay any attention to the others..

and Welcome. B|
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

I was...jeez, do all my posts have to start with ME?? What the hell is going on here??;)

Yes, it's normal...much like every other skydiver has told you. See, adrenaline freaks will never tell you adrenaline is bad (almost made a drug reference, but that might go over like a turd in a punchbowl). :D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Patience, Weed-Leaper. Your time shall come, when all things skydiving will be made apparent to you. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Hey guys how you all?

Ye it sucks hey, I completed my AFF and have done a few extra jumps on top of that. I did my AFF in South Africa a few weeks back when I was on holiday there, now have come back to the U.K and its winter here so not much chance to jump. I can't sleep, I can't concentrate at work, I find myself straying from my work at hand and find myslef surfing the net looking for skydiving gear and pictures and video clips.. I think I am going to go insane!!! Does anybody know if there is a way that you can quit your job and only skydive? :)
I am thinking of going to Empuria boogie this December to get a few jumps done.

I found this little bit of text which was on a T-shirt which I thought was halarious.. I know that you guys will be able to relate to this

"WARNING! Skydiving is a highly dangerous activity that may result in sudden changes in your behavior and personality! Participants may experience some or all of the irreversible side effects. EXCITEMENT! PLEASURE! EUPHORIA! Additional Side-Effects Include: Sudden urge to spend thousands of dollars on skydiving equipment! Peaked curiosity about turbine powered aircraft and small digital video cameras! Inability to sleep past 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday mornings! Frequent cases of daydreaming in the workplace. Loss of interest in routine, boring, weekday activities! Repeated viewing of weather forecasts with frequent uncontrollable outburst of rage towards meteorologists predicting rain, low clouds, or gusty winds! Inability to enjoy any conversation that is not skydiving related! CAUTION! Do not participate in skydiving unless you fully understand the impact of these side effects and are ready to accept full responsibilty for your actions!

M.J

We'd think you were strange if you weren't all amped up!B| My first tandem I really had no idea what to expect. Of course I loved it so I asked the TM under canopy how soon I could go again so I was manifested for tandem progression and got my second jump in the same day as my first. I did ground school 2 days later and was off student status a month after that. 525 jumps later I still get that same feeling.

I wonder what I was like before jumping?

Good Luck...it just keeps getting better.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.