ForTiffany

Equipment Replacement Help

I have 99 jumps and my rig was ruined in a flood. I bought it used and need to supply the insurance company with a replacement invoice. Who handles complete rigs that i could reach out to or do i have to get one for the harness, main, reserve, pilot chutes, aad, etc. Thanks!

dude.. what insurance do you have. i went through that same thing a year ago. pipe busted in the attic and my house flooded. i caught ALOT of crap over my gear. i have state farm and if you have any questions, just holler at me.

Are you sure it was 100% destroyed? Harness/ containers are really tough, was it cut, punctured or frayed? Water itself won't cause any damage. Maybe you can save something and build another rig (maybe a back up rig). A rigger may help you evaluate.
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Are you sure it was 100% destroyed? Harness/ containers are really tough, was it cut, punctured or frayed? Water itself won't cause any damage. Maybe you can save something and build another rig (maybe a back up rig). A rigger may help you evaluate.

It isn't the water that does the damage. It's what's IN the water.

Usually sewage, but it can be (and often is) anything and everything.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

In college my rig was exposed to smoke and water damage because of a fire, all the insurance required was a letter from a rigger stating it was damaged and the replacement cost.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~