TB99

Who Are You??

Are you speaking in Spiritual or Temporal terms? Cuz they mean different things at different times.

...and yet you are always the same thing.

TB99-
Kind of a bitch when you start to question the hype and look for the lowest denominator isn't it.

What am I?
I'm a narcissistic realist.
A bug on a rock that's spinning through vast expances of nothingness,
that through a freak chance of chaotic evoloution...became 'self aware'.

A tiny piece of an ever growing population, that unlike all other species currently inhabiting the planet...can generally, consciously effect the comfort, quality and length of my stay here.

Through the process of natural selection, I've been ingrained with the reflex to eat, fuck and look around.
Everything else is an advertisement.

Personal choice on my part, not fear of punishment has turned me toward trying to make this rock a 'better place' for those of my species I come in contact with.
If they feel the need to believe that there is more for them beyond this short meaningless existence, I encourage then to do so.

I play the game with a 'Stepford Wives' grin because it allows free use of the field,
but unlike many...I've seen the play book and know the rules are rigged, the score has already been determined.
When the clock runs out...and life as we know it no longer exists here, another game will begin just like it has billions of times over trillions of 'years'.

The introspective self assessment in regard to the lowest common denominator for a
narcissistic realist is that in the end we live our lives within ourselves.
You may fill your life with love, hate, or complacent indifference...in the end it is of truly little matter.

We all are born, live, and die the same...ALONE!

Errr...or Not?!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

In what context do you want me to define it? By the things I do, by the opinions I hold, by my good and bad qualities, by the perceptions of those around me, by the things I'm leaving behind when I'm dead?

Your choice...
How you choose to define yourself...
Is who you are. :)

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people."

Bill Hicks

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people."

Bill Hicks

...Think I'll just turn on "AMERICAN GLADIATORS"! ;)

Well, according to some dead guy I am the following:

Good morrow Kate for that's your name I hear.
You lie, in faith; for you are call'd plain Kate,
And bonny Kate and sometimes Kate the curst;
But Kate, the prettiest Kate in Christendom
Kate of Kate Hall, my super-dainty Kate,
For dainties are all Kates, and therefore, Kate,
Take this of me, Kate of my consolation;
Hearing thy mildness praised in every town,
Thy virtues spoke of, and thy beauty sounded,
Yet not so deeply as to thee belongs,
Myself am moved to woo thee for my Skydiving Buddy.

Petruchio

("Taming of the Shrew" Act 2 scene 1)

Wow ... thanks for the replies! Didn't think I'd get that many, I mainly typed this thing up just to get it off my shoulders ... I'm still figuring it out, but thanks to those for sharing!!!

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

A principal difficulty in answering the question is one's continual state of fluidity. If time stopped for a reasonable length of time, one could, with enough indifferent and objective reflection, probably come up with a self description that might satisfy them. But as we never freeze in time, this is impossible. The other factor which complicates this is the idea that no matter who one thinks one is, everyone else who experiences this person will see a slight variation at least, with respect to their own perspective and sensibilities. For these reasons, personally, I have always known that I will never truly be alone, because there is always the relationship, full of surprises, that I have with myself. Remember the episode of The Flintstones where Fred has to live with himself, literally?

But, to answer in the spirit of the thread.....
1. Male
2. Skydiver
3. Single

"Who are you?" Actually, this is one of the questions for which Socrates was put to death.

Good ole Socrates loved to ask this question. It turns out that nobody can answer it. Why? Because we are what people say we are.

What is your name? How do you know that? Because somebody told you that is your name.

Are you American? How can you verify that? By using someone else's rules. If you use your own rules and definitions different from others, you cannot be understood. Therefore, you only fit into the modicum.

This is simply a question that society cannot answer. Read Plato's Republic or the Trial and Death of Socrates.

Fantastic stuff.

My wife is hotter than your wife.