moodyskydiver

would you send it back?

I had a similar occurrence with ordering equipment. It was not exactly what I ordered, but was use-able. I telephoned the manufacturer and they agreed to a discounted price. No hassle, no argument and no hard feelings on any ones part. Just my opinion.

customer satisfaction is important to manufacturer's, so i'd keep it until the first reserve re-pack, then ship it to them and have them simply change out the reserve flap, mirage will probably be more than happy to pick up shipping fees, and change out the flap at no charge to you. so if it wasn't what i wanted or ordered, i'd have them fix it at my convience, not theirs. mirage is good, as is javelin about turn around on stuff like that.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

If I am going to spend that much money on cutom work, it is going to be done to my satisfaction.

If I was willing to settle for something that looks 'sorta' what I wanted, I would've bought one off that rack.

That said, I also work in customer service, (albeit, corporate customer service) and I know how important it is to keep your cutomers happy.

Mirage should, and will be more then happy to fix it for you.

I'm the kind of person that would look at that rig, and every time see the mistake they made. It would stand out, glarind at me.

Give Mirage the chance to make things right. That might involve replacing the center panel, or it might involve a few t-shirts.

Don't you not have a main yet anyways? You can't jump it anyways, right? So, sending it back for a few weeks wouldn't keep you from jumping, would it?

Also, I disagree with phreezone. It should not take them 3-6 weeks to fix. If it does take that long, there's something very wrong with their customer service. Fixes due to their error should get first priority.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

My Apologies

I have been told that I am "rubbing it in" because I have been fortunate enough to have my parents help me pay for my rig and jumps. I realize there are many who aren't as fortunate as I have been and I do apologize if I have offended anyone with my posts concerning my gear.It was not my intention to do so.I simply wanted advice and wanted to share my experience with others just as everyone else has. Please excuse and disregard either of my posts.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

It's no-one elses business how you paid for the rig...tell em' to pull their heads in, as for the rig...if it's not what you ordered and you're honestly not completely happy then send it back. Never apologise for wanting to be happy.

milney
If at first you don't succeed..don't try skydiving

don't apologize for something that is absolutley ok. Who cares about who paid for your gear or tickets. Somebody did, and if it's not what you want, then send it back or ask for a partial refund.
About people that are jealous, that they don't get something new or something paid by someone else - well just ignore them. Nice to have parents that support you doing something that you like...

Phil
how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

It's no-one elses business how you paid for the rig...tell em' to pull their heads in, as for the rig...if it's not what you ordered and you're honestly not completely happy then send it back. Never apologise for wanting to be happy.

milney

Exactly.....I spent lord only knows how much on my custom container, and it didn't fit just right, I could still use it (put ~15 jumps on it) then decided I'd spent to much on it not to have it perfect. Mirage was awsome on figureing out what needed to be fixed and fix it.

So who cares how you managed to afford it, all that matters is you spent the money on it, and you deserve what you ordered.

For whoever is telling you to suck it up there are people here who can't afford a rig, tell them to stuff it. I personally refuse to feel bad cause I can afford things. We all make choices in our lives, buying X may mean you can't afford Y, or turning down opportunity B, for commitment A allows you to sleep at night. So you got a new mirage, if I remember right, due to this fact you were unable to go to eloy....Hmmm...

(I'll bet money that Mirage will contact you before you even get a chance to contact them)
Fly it like you stole it!

Girl....whoever is giving you shit for your finances....tell them to "FUCK OFF!". (you can quote me) It is nobody's business. Please, don't think you need to make apologies for anything.

Congrats on the new rig!!!!! I say keep it! I'd call them and say all is ok if they send you a spare set of handles.

Mike

We all make choices in our lives, buying X may mean you can't afford Y, or turning down opportunity B, for commitment A allows you to sleep at night. So you got a new mirage, if I remember right, due to this fact you were unable to go to eloy....Hmmm...

My rig was partly the reason I didn't go to Eloy. I also havent jumped much because I have been broke and I'm trying to take care of my other financial obligations.I do feel bad that my parents help me so much.I'm trying to find another job that will work around my college schedule so that I can scrape up the $ to jump without having to bother my parents for jump $.I've only made 2 jumps since the end of October and I'm not current right now. You're right,you pay for your choices.[:/]

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I do feel bad that my parents help me so much.

You should not feel bad that your parents help you a lot. My parents have helped me out big time in the past. (In fact, I moved home a few months ago after 5 years and do not pay any rent, but only because they will never take it when I try to give it to them) I look at it as being fortunate that I my parents like to help out when they can. They know I appreciate it and that's what matters. In regards to the rig - if your happy with it keep it. If not then return it if it's not exactly what you wanted and ordered.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Geeez! I wish I had one of those fancy OC12/T13A PC98,000khz7 multiplexing hig-fiber excretion connections so I could see your pics better... wait,
maybe I need new glasses?

looks nice from here? does it work?
--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Amber,
You paid for a brand new container. I'm sure it was extra for custom colors. Even if it wasn't extra, your rig is one you designed with your tastes, and your vision of what you want in a rig.

If all that is different is the reserve cover, it's a minor change for them vs. building another new rig.

I think you had said it would be a little bit before you actually had a chance to get the rig put together and jump it, so the time involved in sending it back and getting what you paid for isn't going to be that bad.

Send it back, and get what you ordered.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Anyone who said you shouldn't complain about your rig because your parents paid for it is petty, small minded and jealous. I've never understood people who have to bring others down like that. Don't listen to them moody, you have every right to expect the rig that you ordered, no matter who paid for it.

My parents are helping me buy a house, so if anyone has any complaints about that, I don't really care! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Can i borrow your parents?

Sure, if you want a tough as nails Marine as a dad. It's not my kids who gave me my grey hairs. :P Besides, any money they lend me they expect back when the house is sold, so it's just a loan really.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I agree with everyone else. Where the money came from is a moot point. I personally thing the rig you designed does look better, and you should do whatever it takes to get what you asked for. I've been pricing out gear, and I know exactly how much you just spent, and for it not too be perfect, is unacceptable. On the other hand, if you have changed your mind, and now like this one BETTER or at least as much, then keep it and go for the Tshirt option. Just my opinion, and I also am jealous that you have new gear, and I don't but I am very happy that at least one of us does. B|

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

My Apologies

I have been told that I am "rubbing it in" because I have been fortunate enough to have my parents help me pay for my rig and jumps. I realize there are many who aren't as fortunate as I have been and I do apologize if I have offended anyone with my posts concerning my gear.It was not my intention to do so.I simply wanted advice and wanted to share my experience with others just as everyone else has. Please excuse and disregard either of my posts.

Don't ever apologize for the above. Your acquisition and whatever financial means used to obtain the same is no one's business. Get it exactly the way you want it and JUMP THE HELL OUT OF IT as funds become available. Personally, I'm extremely happy for you. Hehehehe - I'm gonna have to do some awful good singing & dancing when my wife finds out how much a decent rig is gonna cost LOL. I'll keep it a secret a bit longer. ;)

I would send it back..
Sorry but i think the one you ordered look much more cool,than the one you got..[:/]
But do what YOU want,not what anyone else will.. Its your rig,if you like it,keep it if not get the one you ordered..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

"but I know my Mirage would save my butt regardless of its color"

That's inconsequential, a dolphin or a genera would save your ass. I'd call them and complain, get them to make it right. Either they can make you a new rig while you jump this one, or they can give you some free s**t to make up for it. :ph34r:

Blues!
Merrick

Absolutely send it back. If their customer service is half as good as Wings is, they will be happy to do it. They'll hot-knife those black flaps off, replace them with the, what is that electric blue?, flaps you ordered, apologize profusely, repack your reserve, send it back to you postage paid, and throw in a couple of cool neoprene beer-bottle coolers, all inside of 10 days.

That's what Heather at Wings did when I had an issue with my 170 rig's riser cover flaps.

And as for your parents springing for the rig, good for them. Like Skymama, my mom helped me out when I was a newlywed, and now I'm paying a chunk of her monthly bills.

It all comes around.

As it is, that rig is too dark, a little TOO moody:P

Personally, I like the colors of the one they sent you better then the one you got. If you do keep it, drop them a line and tell the people at Mirage that you're not happy with the idea of wrong colors, but you decided to keep it, since it looked ok.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I had a slightly bigger problem when I ordered my Mirage - it didn't come with the hip rings on it! I had a copy of the order form I faxed, and they had charged me for it, so I knew it wasn't my mistake. The folk at Sky Kat apologized a few dozen times, and told me to jump that one and they'd put in a order for another right away. They did say they were just going to put the messed up one on the shelf and sell it, so "...what you have now, just please be gentle" :D It was all taken care of.

it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Hon, send it back...and don't pay any attention to what was said about how it got paid for. Hell, I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford what I want, when I want it, and don't care what others think. If something I've ordered isn't exactly what I ordered, you can bet your ass I'll send it back in a heartbeat. I ordered a new rig from Javelin, a new Tony Suit and a new main through Skykat and they worked with me to get the colors all perfect. I was pretty impressed with their service and was assured that if I wasn't satisfied with anything, they would stand behind me and make everything right. Sure, I spent a bunch of bucks but it was worth it and everything came out great.

FFF

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."