silverflyer85

Special size helmet XXXL!

Friends, I have problem in finding helmet. I can't find producer that will make me XXXL helmet for me. Circumference of my head in coincidence of my forehead is 66cm or around 26inches. So far I have used an old rented helmet. That helmet is missing now, people from DZ don't know where is it. One of solutions is leather hats but I prefer helmets.

So far I have contacted next helmet producers:
- Sky Systems (get reply that they need time to see will that helmet be safe, after that no reply)
- Tonfly (they can't make it)
- ProTech (they can't make it)
- BoneHead (they can make it but personal presence is required. In that case helmet would be very expensive since I don't plan to travel to LA soon)
- Parathech (no reply)
Maybe some more but I can't remember.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? :)

Thank you very much and blue skies to everyone :)
Mladen

@Dragon 2, thanks, I send them email :)
@James ... thank you very much, especially for 2k composites... 2k com.helmets look very nice.
@airtwardo I don't care about color so much :) BH Gunner is nice helmet. Is it safe to use minimal padding? Is protection in that case weaker?

Thanks to all of you :) Blue Skies

None of the helmets you mentioned are really designed to provide you much protection from a hard hit. So having minimal padding in the helmet really won't change how much the helmet would protect you. Basically most of the skydiving helmets will protect you from minor things. Like getting kicked in the face on exit, bumping your head on the door, ect... If you're looking for something that will protect your head a lot more there are other options. Like protec. I'm sure other people or the search could help you out more.

@Dragon 2, thanks, I send them email :)
@James ... thank you very much, especially for 2k composites... 2k com.helmets look very nice.
@airtwardo I don't care about color so much :) BH Gunner is nice helmet. Is it safe to use minimal padding? Is protection in that case weaker?

Thanks to all of you :) Blue Skies

As Morrison79 said, none of them are DOT safe, carbon fiber just spreads the blow over a large area and the padding helps absorb the shock. Less padding is of course less 'protection' so to speak...but the bit of padding mine is 'missing' really won't make a lot of difference in a hard enough hit.

Most of the available gear isn't designed for the larger corn-fed jumper, just the way it is...welcome to Skydiving! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What about getting one of these liner kits for a Protec and modifying it before installation?

http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=4&level=1

On Protec helmets the shell is the same size, the liner thickness determines the fit. I can't even get my head in the smallest liner/largest size Protec.

The OP's head is even bigger than mine!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

if you look here http://www.paragear.com/sizingcharts/headgear.htm you can see that some of them say 24in+. I'm not sure if you could get the extra 2 inches out of them by removing the padding. More than likely you are going to have to go custom or find a helmet somewhere else. Like a snowboarding or biking helmet? Making sure that it isn't going to be super snaggy and all!!

Mr Silver

1) If your head size is 66cm, have you considered using you head;) & visiting a manufacture and making them a deal they can't refuse:ph34r:.

2)Some of the men that play pro american football probably have a head larger than yours:o. And they wear helmets with lots of padding. The pro american football helmets appear to be evolving yearly.

So how about emailing a standard letter to PR depts of all the pro teams asking if they got any older stuff in your size.:ph34r:

Beware: Not sure about the safety rateing of the helmets [:/]

One Jump Wonder

Most of the available gear isn't designed for the larger corn-fed jumper, just the way it is...welcome to Skydiving! ;)

That is very familiar to me... 6ft 6inches, 14 size of snickers... always had problem in finding gear for me :D as you said... just the way it is (in life)

On Protec helmets the shell is the same size, the liner thickness determines the fit. I can't even get my head in the smallest liner/largest size Protec.

The OP's head is even bigger than mine!

;););)

if you look here http://www.paragear.com/sizingcharts/headgear.htm you can see that some of them say 24in+. I'm not sure if you could get the extra 2 inches out of them by removing the padding. More than likely you are going to have to go custom or find a helmet somewhere else. Like a snowboarding or biking helmet? Making sure that it isn't going to be super snaggy and all!!

I tried to find some snowboarding helmet but didn't have success so far. That advice I also got from my friends that had two helmets, one is for snowboarding...

Mr Silver

1) If your head size is 66cm, have you considered using you head;) & visiting a manufacture and making them a deal they can't refuse:ph34r:.

2)Some of the men that play pro american football probably have a head larger than yours:o. And they wear helmets with lots of padding. The pro american football helmets appear to be evolving yearly.

So how about emailing a standard letter to PR depts of all the pro teams asking if they got any older stuff in your size.:ph34r:

Beware: Not sure about the safety rateing of the helmets [:/]

Give me money for "a deal they can't refuse" and it will be done :) If I have money for that kind of offer, I would be up in the sky now... with my special custom made/painted helmet B|B|B|

That is very familiar to me... 6ft 6inches, 14 size of snickers... always had problem in finding gear for me :D as you said... just the way it is (in life

That's a lot of different sizes of Snickers...;)

Hey, you ARE from the right part of the world for some of the legends of the Worlds Strongest Man competitions, sounds like you might be the right size...have you ever had a desire to throw pianos into 2nd story windows?

For me, my noggin is just a little smaller than yours and the only two helmets to really fit me were Protecs and stuff from Bonehead. I have an old worn out Mindwarp in XXL that fits very well, but that was back when the padding was much thinner then it is now.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's a lot of different sizes of Snickers...;)

Hey, you ARE from the right part of the world for some of the legends of the Worlds Strongest Man competitions, sounds like you might be the right size...have you ever had a desire to throw pianos into 2nd story windows?

For me, my noggin is just a little smaller than yours and the only two helmets to really fit me were Protecs and stuff from Bonehead. I have an old worn out Mindwarp in XXL that fits very well, but that was back when the padding was much thinner then it is now.

I know that is lot of different but just wanted to say that I am familiar to that kind of story :)Throwing pianos into 2nd story windows sounds like good fun :)http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5120279&l=3c7c0ca342&id=710895851

btw I made mistake snickers not sneakers ...sorry :)

I think you have better options than a frap hat!
The pluses that a frap hat have over no helmet are that you can put an audible in one. The down side is they look gay:D Kind of kidding...

If you really can't find any kind of skydiving helmet look for other options. Go to a sporting goods store and see what they have. When you're looking for a helmet there try to find something that looks like it won't snag lines. Then when you find something that you think won't snag lines bring it to your instructors and ask what they think. Keep the tags on it and you can return it if they say hell no!

What kind of helmet was it that you used to use there? Is that something you would consider using all the time? Ask the dzo where he got it from.