dropoutdave

Stupid Quotes and Phrases...

What phrases piss you off? Which don’t you understand or which just annoy you?

"Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too" - If i've got cake, im gonna eat it! What else are you suppose to do with a bloody cake?

"Theyd be turning in their grave" - No they won't, their dead.

"Keep your eyes peeled.." - OW!!??

"Talk is cheap" - no talk is free!!!

"A stitch in time saves nine" - nine what???

"A watched pot never boils" - yes it does!

"Behind every great man there's a great woman" - wheres mine??

"Beware of Greeks bearing gifts" - why?

"In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king" - in the kingdom of the blind they wouldnt know whether the king had one eye

"Life begins at forty" - an obvious lie!

"No man is an island" - unless they're massive and part of the earths formation.

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" - No, Chest!

"The pen is mightier than sword" - LIE!!! you get a pen, i'll get my sword and we'll see about that one!

"Two heads are better then one" - yeah for freaks

"The boy is father to the man" - How?

"There's no such thing as a free lunch" - ive had a few.

"It's always the last place you look" - Of course it is, why would you carry on looking for it once you'd found it?

"Life's short" - It's the longest thing you'll ever do.

"Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves." -
Rubbish, i looked after the pennies for 2 weeks and had about a quid fifty. Wasn't worth the effort.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

What phrases piss you off? Which don’t you understand or which just annoy you?

"Theyd be turning in their grave" - No they won't, their dead. (NO they'd be screaming for someone to let them out!)

"Talk is cheap" - no talk is free!! (Unless it's a politician talking then it is guaranteed to cost you something)

"A watched pot never boils" - yes it does! (Technically - you have to blink sooooo . . .)

"Behind every great man there's a great woman" - wheres mine??(See this one works.:PJ/K)

"In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king" - in the kingdom of the blind they wouldnt know whether the king had one eye (unless they poked him in it.)

"Life begins at forty" - an obvious lie! (Right - that would be conception)

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" - No, Chest! (Actually, that's the shortest way - the femeral artery is good too.)

"Two heads are better then one" - yeah for freaks (Since there are two headed coins that are worth more, I'd say this is true.)

"There's no such thing as a free lunch" - ive had a few. (But it cost someone something)

"Life's short" - It's the longest thing you'll ever do. (That's only perception . . .waiting for the next cessna load is actually longer than life.)

"Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves." -
Rubbish, i looked after the pennies for 2 weeks and had about a quid fifty. Wasn't worth the effort.(See the problem here is that they weren't American pennies, see if you had looked after the right ones . . .)

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too" - If i've got cake, im gonna eat it! What else are you suppose to do with a bloody cake?

By "have" their cake, they mean to save it. Some people think cakes look so pretty, they want to keep them whole and preserved, or "have" them. You can't do that and eat it too. Personally, I think they look best inside my belly. I've also never understood why people keep a piece of their wedding cake in the freezer - that's pretty gross.

The one that bothers me is:

A penny saved is a penny earned - most of Franklin's words make sense to me, but I've never understood that one. Yes, I know it means you're supposed to save your money, but I don't understand why the words mean that. If you have a penny, it implies that you already earned it (unless you stole it or it was given to you). If you already earned it, what would be the earning potential of saving it? If you spend the penny, instead of saving it, how does that mean you didn't earn it?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

It is more because you resisted the implse to spend it,
as well as the fact that you may have had to go without to keep it.

That, in my mind is hard work, and so, constitutes a wage earned.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A penny saved is a penny earned

Since Riddler only visits my dropzone when no jumping is going on, I'll take this one -

Let's say you earn a dollar. You want to buy a candy bar that costs a dollar. If you buy it, you have the candy bar, but you no longer have the dollar.

Now let's say you find it on sale for $0.99 instead of a dollar. If you buy it, you have the candy bar and $.01. It's as if you earned an extra penny!

;)

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

"Spare the rod and spoil the child"

Don't know about that one...
My neighbor says his son thinks 'The Gimp'
from "Pulp Fiction" is a career choice!

Last couple times he whacked him on the ass...
the kids got a smile and a woody! :o:o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

my answer to that one was:

only if I had a bungee cord attached!

gosh I was a mouthy kid!

Another time, I made a low grade on a test. I said it was too difficult. My mom asked me "Well, did anyone else make an "A" on the test?". I replied "Yeah, but later they all jumped off a bridge." Shortly followed by a good sound beating.

Do they want me to act like everyone else or not?
:D

"The pen is mightier than sword" - LIE!!! you get a pen, i'll get my sword and we'll see about that one!

Read "The Teeth of the Tiger" by Tom Clancey, and you'll understand.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.