Ahuey

Researching PIA members - WAS Argus Investigation - San Marcos

Rhys,
I am wanting to research information on the board members of the PIA. Can you post that for me? I have not been able to find that.

Why do you ask me?....

and I wonder what your post said before the moderator edited it?

This friggen thing gets more bizzare every day.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

His post only had the subject changed since it was in another thread and to break a thread out on its own I changed the subject. Why do you insist in trying to blame me for editing and deleting things that I don't do? :S

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I just wondered what it said, who is being paranoid now...

I never blamed anyone in particular for deleting... I just pointed out that there is deleting going on, others have mentioned it to me also and othere have commented about it.

No gripes with you...

I just find it bizzare that someone asks me about PIA members when I have no clue who they are and have no idea why anyone would think I do...

The only PIA I know about is the NZPIA and anti competiative behaviour is what that company is all about... Just say'n

Thanks for the clarification on the edit though.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Do you all want to see a thread get deleted? Keep up this bullshit and this thread will disappear quicker than a monkey gets fucked. Rhys, you are in the mods sights, no conspiracy about it, failure to follow the forum rules one more time and you can find another pool to play in for awhile. Not sure which rule I am talking about? See below. Consider yourself duly warned, that goes for all the rest in this thread as well.

Moderation
Generally speaking, moderators will endeavor to provide fair warning regarding behavior that might warrant their intervention. Failure to heed warnings from the moderators is grounds for suspension of posting privileges. We do however reserve the right to remove any post when these rules are abused or policies violated without prior notice or explanation. If you repeatedly violate any of these rules or otherwise seek to disrupt the board then the administrators can suspend your posting privileges or disable your account at their discretion.

Any abuse directed at our volunteer moderation team in the forums or via private message, including defying the moderators to suspend or ban a member, may result in an immediate suspension or ban. "Gripe" threads about any action from a moderator including "Where did my post go?" posts will be removed. If you have questions about a moderator's action and they did not provide a reason for the intervention, please contact them via private message.

You agree that this is private property and you are our guest, and that Dropzone.com reserves the right to delete any message. Membership on Dropzone.com is a privilege, not a right.

We may at any time revise these rules and policies without notice. Please check back regularly. Continued use of Dropzone.com after a change has been made is your acceptance of the change.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

All these warnings notwithstanding, the fact that the chairman of the PIA leads a committee that bans his competitors product? Only to find out later there was basically no investigation first? It stinks. It smells bad from a great distance away. Deleting threads where guys are asking questions just makes it look even worse. Conflict of interest? Maybe. Appearance of conflict? No question!

The only way to make a conspiracy grow? Become part of the conspiracy by trying to hide it. (or at least presenting the appearance of, which trust me - you are)

Of course I don't think you're trying to hide it, but from a distance, it sure does look odd and I really don't blame the man for wondering WTF people are doing. Seriously? Deleting threads just makes you all part of the problem.

Everyone aught to shine some sunlight and make this problem go away.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

All these warnings notwithstanding, the fact that the chairman of the PIA leads a committee that bans his competitors product?

The PIA president chairs only the PIA Executive Committee. The Technical Committee is chaired by Dave Singer (Sunpath), and the Rigging Committee is chaired by Terry Urban (an independent rigger and DPRE). None of those individuals has banned his competitors products, and the PIA has not banned any products.

Mark

The PIA president chairs only the PIA Executive Committee. The Technical Committee is chaired by Dave Singer (Sunpath), and the Rigging Committee is chaired by Terry Urban (an independent rigger and DPRE). None of those individuals has banned his competitors products, and the PIA has not banned any products.

It still smells bad. The PIA published what they did without even looking at the cutter?

I'm shocked. Really, seriously, shocked.

PIA needs to publish a retraction, or the results of further investigation. Quickly.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

PIA needs to publish a retraction, or the results of further investigation. Quickly.

It's up to Aviacom to complete their investigation.

As for PIA publishing a retraction, what exactly is it that PIA is supposed to retract?

Mark

. He accuses Air Tec of every death since the assassination of Kennedy.

at first they thought Oswald fired a CYpres cutter at Kenedy... After investigation they found a small steel ball :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Andy, have you read all the documentation on this issue. The letter to PIA from Goorts reads like the ravings of a mad man. He accuses Air Tec of every death since the assassination of Kennedy.

Sparky

An misleading post to detract the topic away from the subject and into a bonfire like postwhore fest...

you are talking porkie pies!

My take:

-There was a problem with the cutter that caused more than one incident.

-Action was taken

- ONE of those incidents was shown to be caused by something other than the cutter.

-not advisable to "retract" the action taken based on the results of just that ONE incident.

Now, just why the action was taken has become a political football. I think this very well may be a situation where it's better to be safe than sorry...expense be damned.

When the results of all the other incidents are in, then a review of the action taken is truly warranted. It may turn out that the action was a correct one or, OTOH, it may turn out that the action was an unwarranted knee-jerk. Either way, we won't know until ALL the results are in.

I'm in the "better safe than sorry" camp. Even if I was an Argus owner, I would still be in that camp...and happy that the problem was being addressed.

I'm disappointed in Argus's diatribe response.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

ONE of those incidents was shown to be caused by something other than the cutter.

Until Aviacom finishes its investigation, we won't know if the steel ball was cause or coincidence.

Mark

So, so far, you reject the results of an investigation requested by Aviacom?

http://tools.emailgarage.com/Pub/Asset.ashx?Id=23c77610-0dde-4a9f-98bc-64da7820cdf0&MessageId=509493486

Meh, I was giving the benefit of the doubt to Aviacom.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239