spencer

Jav, harness C17 , 6ft tall ??

I'm 6'3" and jumped a C17 for a while, it worked, but once I put on a C20 (what I need), I would never go back. That being said, there is more to the harness size than just the main lift web/ yoke. Leg pad, lateral, chest all are important.

Best thing to do is get the rig serial #, container size, and DOM. Email Sunpath and see if they can look in their records of who the harness was made for and then compare your measuremnts to what they give you.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Another will it fit Q, Iam looking at buying a container, harness size C17, there web site says will fit up to 5.11ft.
Is there anyone out there 6ft who jumps a C17. Im no where near dz to try any.

It really depends on your inseam measurement with the rule of thumb being height - inseam - 20 = harness length. Fill out an order form like you were getting a new ring, call Sunpath with the serial number, and see what they thing.

I'm 5'10" and need a 19-20" main lift web. When one DZO measured he thought he made a mistake and tried again.

Fwiw, I'm 5'-11" and Sunpath sent me a C-16

ETA: wow, i just looked at the SP data, strange. I am pretty sure i wrote down C-16 correctly. Now I will have to investigate this.

The paperwork that came with my rig from SP shows:

Yoke: C
Harness: 16

Guess a call 'home' is in order.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

Another will it fit Q, Iam looking at buying a container, harness size C17, there web site says will fit up to 5.11ft.

Amazing! Having 2000 jumps and you still don't know what 17" MLW does means? It does not have a strong relation with your high and weight. Its the measurement of your torso. Some has short legs, some long legs and they might even you the same size of harness. The best way to try as many harness you can and make a note what is the best fit. Not only on the ground, but also hanged from the 3 ring.

in my experience if you are a "proportionately sized" 6ft person, a C17 will be usable, but uncomfortable.

I just got my rig back from sunpath after doing a resize from a c-17 to c-20 harness, it took about 2 weeks and they did excellent job on it but it cost about $450 to do it. So if the rig doesn't fit you well it can always be resized.

But like someone else mentioned if you have the serial number of the rig, you can take all the measurements of you as if you were buying a new rig and call sunpath and they can compare your measurements with what they have on file for the rig. That way they can also tell you exactly how much it would cost if you need to change anything.

I'm 5'13" and a C17 fits me perfect. But I also have a 36" inseem, so I'm all legs, average torso.

Height gives you an idea of fit, but it's all torso size that matters. I know someone 4 inches shorter than me that wears a c20.

I also like my hip rings at the tops of my hips (pelvis), not low around the head of the femur.

How long are your legs?

(that's 6'1" for anyone who missed the joke)
http://www.exitshot.com