Magistr8

Green Hummer.

Was watching the show " The Screen Savers" today and saw this concept for a hummer. It runs on alternative fuel sources like, hydrogen, Olive oil. Was thinking to myself if they can improve the milage on a hummer from 7 to 19, think of what they can do with normal cars using the same Mod.

This is a vehicle using all these alternatives and is a concept, but supplementing existing fossil fuels hydrogen seems to make more sense in the short term than making the switch to hydrogen in one step. Seems to me like it would help to keep the costs down.

More Here

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Was watching the show " The Screen Savers" today and saw this concept for a hummer. It runs on alternative fuel sources like, hydrogen, Olive oil.

You must not cook often or with Olive Oil.. That shite is expencive!! I can't imagine what a gallon if it would cost.. I know I buy some of the mid priced stuff to cook with and it's $6-7 a bottle for 12oz!! B|

On the other hand I do think car makers should spend the time to R&D other fuel sources. Batteries are a nice step but they use a fossil fuel or worse nukes in a round about way.. So Hydrogen seems to be a valid possibility.. Would be nice to find some other means to fuel our vehicles.. While conserving the resources be able to clean the air around us at the same time..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Not sure if this article mentioned it or not,but GM is lobbying to have China become an early adopter of the hydrogen technology. The problem of course is 2 fold.

1) The big oil co. don't want to make the switch yetbecause there is plenty of money to be had in the fossil fuel source.

2) hydrogen refueling stations do not exist and have an extreme startup cost.

What we need are lots of subsidies and somehow investments from oil co's.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Or a hummer out in the woods during a hike with a g/f...:)

oh well...

I'd love to have a pimpin M3 that was environmentally green.

And I thought I was getting an early christmas present -
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You must not cook often or with Olive Oil.. That shite is expencive!! I can't imagine what a gallon if it would cost.. I know I buy some of the mid priced stuff to cook with and it's $6-7 a bottle for 12oz!!

read the whoel article you can use old used oil from a resturant...

you could get that for free or cheap....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...