SadSue

Texas,,,,maybe dragged into the 21st century?

well I may not know the last thing that was dragged behind a truck in Texas...

..But I have a pretty good idea of what the next thing may be.

Do yourself a favour. Don't go there again.

And if you do. Definitely don't identify yourself to any of the dz.commers. I don't think that this will be forgotten about for a long long time.

But if you insist bring lots of beer. Cause you are gonna owe it:

For being the first dz.commer to be dragged behind a truck in texas at a skydiving boogie?

you made your bed.. hope its comfy.

have a nice life.
S.E.X. party #2

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

let me first of all say "THANK YOU" to all the Texans who replied....just as my friends told me... they are from TEXAS so they will take the bait and go ballistic and can't have any sense of humor about criticisms...."...thanks boys and girls for verifiying what everyone predicted you WOULD do...I put up the red cape..and the Texas bulls charged...

I repent. Texas is THE coolest state...our current President, the fact that we are globaly hated because our "leader" lies to us and he can't even spell his own name? It's OK, because after all, he is from TEXAS. Haters asking me to "prove" that there are so many different languages spoken here, even though Cali is BY FAR the most culturally diverse state? Well, I should forgive you, because YOU ARE FROM TEXAS. (when was the last time you heard Vietnamese spokem commercailly or you sent your kids to a French speaking school? Oops...wrong state (of mind!!) The guy who doesn't want to live with "godless" people......well, you are living in a stereotypical caricature of Cali......I live in a world where most people believe in some being but since it does not resembel YOUR TEXAN GOD you accuse my Buddhist neighbor of being "godlesss" - wow you are SO closed minded but it is cool because YOU ARE FROM TEXAS...and therefore my TRULY diverse world SUCKS.

One last note as to why Texas sucks....they rewrite history...some idiot signed off with a "long live Stevie Ray Vaughn" quote...hmmm. like the rest of America you are deceived and think that this cat actually had the juice....in fact Stevie's entire style is STOLEN from another Texas guitarslinger...a TRUE stylist by the name of ...ALBERT KING....in fact there is a story where Albert King was called one day and was told "hey, there is this little white boy who has ripped off your style and plays JUST LIKE YOU..." and Albert went down to the club and heard him...actually Stevie Ray and Albert recorded a live album together....I suggest you listen to it to get the idea in your thick skull that 1) SRV totally STOLE his licks from Albert and 2) heaed to head, Albert SMOKES his ass. OF course, SRV is famous and Albert is not, since Albert was black and SRV was white...this is the way things work in Texas..white thieves gety more points than true black innovators...and then assholes like you..WHO DON;T EVEN KNOW TRUE TEXAS HISTORY...spreaf the fake whitewashed gospel....

FUCK Steve Ray Vaughn..ALBERT KING rules instead!!! Let's champion the true innovators and not the thieves!!

If I were you, I would be ashamed that an Irish girl living in liberal San Francisco has to correct you on your cheesy ass history...but that's Texas for you, now isn't it? A LIE..agreeed upon. Just ask the Mexicans if you doubt what I'm trying to say.

UNrepentant and UNaplogetic....Albert King's biggest fan!!

Have a nice day!!!!!;)

Hope you don't get Banned!

You know, its hard for someone to understand the pride that Texans have. Its sort of like trying to explain jumping to a whuffo. The whuffo will never understand. If they visit, then they'll have a very small idea, but they won't truely get it.

*shrug* Eitherway, I'm done with this whuffo troll.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So is there any actual purpose to this thread other than to sling a bunch of BS around?

I'm having trouble understanding why an Irish girl in California is even bothering to THINK about Texas, let alone BITCH about it... It started out slightly amusing, but now it's just getting pathetic. Get over it, Sue.

I actually got caught up in the "troll feeding" ... :| I even thought about ripping It's (kinda hard to tell gender now) latest attempt of intelligent writing to shreds.

It's last post was a blantant attack on my previous posts. Pretty weak attempt at that. So I've resolved myself to refrain from taking the bait. As "it" pointed out, it was all a ruse to get Texans fired up.

I'm done with the troll...

Just say no to feeding trolls :P

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Texas...Lousiana, whatever...same thing...so I gave too much credit to Texas, that's OK, put the sheets back on now.:D

I love the way so many of the "enlightened" people of California have no problem stereotyping Texas or other "southern" states (I won't digress into the numerous cultural differences between Texas and the true "southern states"). I find it interesting that you seem to think electing a female governor would "drag" Texas into the 21st century, since Texas elected its first of two female governors in 1924. To the best of my knowledge, California has never elected a female governor. You made a reference to Texans wearing "sheets." I challenge you to find a clan rally in Texas. I'm not saying they don't exist--There is probably still some small faction of them hiding out somewhere (I think they marched on the state capitol in Austin a while back)--But I've lived in Texas (West Texas and Austin) for nearly 24 years, and I've never seen anybody in KKK garb. I'm not saying Texas is the most open minded or diverse state--It's not. But you are basing your very loudly voiced opinion on old stereotypes (most of which were never true) and a couple of short trips to the South by Southwest music/film festival (not really the best place to get a feel for Texas). Your facts are extremely mixed up (you confused Texas and Louisiana, and you made the erroneous claim that 900 numbers are illegal in Austin--They're not illegal anywhere in Texas, as far as I know). The goofy picture in your profile and your blatant disregard for the facts lead me to think you are probably a troll, but your claims are spiteful enough to merit a retort, regardless. Why don't you take a step into the 21st century and quit attributing old, misguided stereotypes to everyone that doesn't fit your interpretation of trendy? Be a little more open-minded.

Blue skies,

Douva
D-22772
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

The goofy picture in your profile and your blatant disregard for the facts lead me to think you are probably a troll,

Probably. An email name that starts with the word Sadistic is a big hint for me.

Remember the old Rawhide show with Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates? The theme song with the lyrics changed a little...

"Trollin', trollin', trollin'
I keep those posters toastin'...
my hide..."

Sometimes, bad attention is the only attention that kiddies can get. Like the kid that pulls the pigtails of the girl ahead of him in third grade.

We are going to have to do something to Ireland to get even with them for sending her here.

(edited because I hit the wrong darned button)

well, it's all over now, glad we were able to bring a little bit of energy to this board....in light of all the glaring criticisms I have incurred I am willing to throw in the towel and back off on the crazy claims....

maybe you guys DO have something cool going on down there, and like the post above said, maybe I need to get down there to see it for myself....most of my friends that have been there recoil in horror when I mention Texas but then maybe they just had bad experiences, maybe they met Bush or something or were racially profiled in the airport. Couldn't tell ya.

So I'll just finish with this, what IS it that makes such overbearing pride come out of Texas? I have a friend who was beraed in the Houston airport during a layover because he told a group of people that he was from Ohio and they replied- "what's it like to be from such a small state?" (a bizzare question at best)- they then went on about how they were the "biggest state, biggest in everything" with some sort of maniacal pride....at which point my friend informed them that Alaska is 7 times larger than the state of Texas and a lot more beuatiful; the went apeshit.

His point was that he was proud to be from Ohio but he didn't shove it in people's faces..why should other people shove it in his face? So I guess that's it, I just hear stories like this all the time,...maybe I'll just have to check it out for myself....someone tell me what's so cool about Texas and what I can do there that I can't do better here, maybe then I'll know why people are so proud and so quick and desperate to tell the world how proud they are.

Hey, Canadians are proud too, but they don't act like this...what gives?

Take care, Sue

Hope you don't get Banned!

most of my friends that have been there recoil in horror when I mention Texas but then maybe they just had bad experiences, maybe they met Bush or something or were racially profiled in the airport. Couldn't tell ya.

Not, you don't have any friends and most of us can explain to why if you would like.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

(when was the last time you heard Vietnamese spokem commercailly or you sent your kids to a French speaking school?

Ahhh...when did we ever WANT to? :P

(when was the last time you got into your car with
a beer in your hand and a gun on your hip?) B|

Hey there California...Wanna buy some electricty?!? :o
AGAIN!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~