lazerq3

Refered or on your own??

The thread about the getting a whuffo to jump got me thinking,, When I decided to make my first jump I decided all on my own, No one ever talked to me about and I'd only seen it done on TV.. So my question is how many of you made the decision to jump completely on your own and how many where talked into it by either a jumper or someone that tried it once??

Refered by a jumper also includes ANYONE jumper or non that talked you into it!!

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

I don't remember a time when skydiving wasn't on my list of things to do in my life. I have always wanted to try it. I thought I would do one jump, then cross it off my list forever.....

300 jumps later.....

The first time I met a skydiver was when I went to the DZ to make my first jump.....

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I didn't vote, because there is no choice for "referred to by someone who has never jumped".

My wife bought me a tandem for my birthday last year, thinking I would be nicely surprised. Now that I spend 99.5% of our discretionary income on skydiving, she is the one who is surprised. ;)

. . =(_8^(1)

i knew that i wanted to make at least one skydive, but i didn't know when exactly i wanted to do it. if it wasn't for me meeting someone in the club, i can't say if i would have made my first jump yet or not. but, eventualy, i would have gotten around to doing it.

i never thought that i was going to stay in the sport, but after my tandem, i was hooked.

I never planned on skydiving. My dad wanted to and mentioned it in the mid 80's. My sister gave him a static line jump for Christmas of 89. He gave her one for her birthday a few months later. They went together and had a great time. I went along and watched but still did not understand the thrill. All I knew was that they had fun and had shared a great experience.

In 91, I needed a christmas present for my dad and gave him a static line jump again. Neither he or my sister had jumped since the first time. I gave myself a static line as well just to share the experience. I figured I would scare myself once and have a good time with my dad.

That was April of 1992. It did not work out as I had planned. In the last 11.5 years, I have never done less than 4 jumps per calendar month and have over 2700 jumps. Dad, while not as active, has over 600 jumps.

I would say I was a referral.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

I did it on my own. I tried to get others to do it with me, but they just came out to watch. I still can't understand how they can watch people having so much fun and not try it themselves...

on my own.. dont know why...

Just always grew up and knew it was something that i really wanted to do. It was just a question of when.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I too did it on my own. It just something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid. It came from watching cartoons and different ways they flew, and I always wanted to be able to fly. I figured that skydiving was flying. ;)

My Dad has always wanted to skydive. He said he watched his ex wife do it and was able to go up in the plane with her and watch the whole thing but never got to do a jump himself. A couple of years ago he got a neck injury so now we're not sure if he can ever make a jump because of the jerk most people feel when opening the chute. If he'd ever go talk to his doctor about it and get an okay, I'd buy him a tandem. Unfortunately he can't even go on some of the rides at the Disney parks. But he's still alive and walking and being a poop, and we all love him. B|
~skysprite

I voted refered. But, it was by my dad who had never jumped. He always wanted to try it, while the thought never seriously crossed my mind.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."