lummy

I am SUCH a geek....

from the Geek chronicles.

It's these weird geeky things that get me all excited.

I have an older IBM laptop, a 570, which is the super thin, super light model. Well, after taking it apart to replace the LCD, I noticed that the built in modem looked a LOT like a Mini PCI. Knowing that IBM didn't officially announce the mini pci until the T series laptop, I wondered if it was truly a mini pci slot or proprietary so I threw in a Dell truemobile 1150 wireless card to find out. Surprisingly, the system recognized it and installed the driver. Unfortunately, while the card was recognized and it wa spicking up my Access point, it wouldn't connect to the network stating "network cable unplugged". I was sooo dissapointed and thought that it was because the mini pci was in fact just a proprietary slot for the modem.
On a hunch, I did some searching on the net and found out that the symptoms I was experiencing were common for the Dell card.

The hunt was ON again.....

Last nite, I installed a little utility that helps Win2k route software interupts from the PCI to Isa bus. Voila!!! I know have a super sleek networked laptop with no funky cards or unsightly antennas hanging off it...

Anybody else enjoy solving those weird tech issues?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Anybody else enjoy solving those weird tech issues?

I never got the kick off solving little electronic gizmos temperamental issues...
I like to fix cars, tweak engines to make them go twice as fast as they were designed for... I like to custom weld stuff, build stuff... that gives me satisfaction! If it doesn't go BOOM, SHABANGGG!!! when I am done it does bring me satisfaction!:D
Maybe I am just an educated, skilled white trash!!!:ph34r:
I think I am gonna grow me a MULLET!!!:P

"We see the world just the way we are...

It's these weird geeky things that get me all excited.

Uh huh... i know ALL about those... ;)

I know have a super sleek networked laptop with no funky cards or unsightly antennas hanging off it...

So is this MY new laptop???

:)
Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.