Laurel

Updated Pink Mafia website opinion

It looks great! My "almost-not-worth-mentioning-because-they're-so-miniscule" suggestions (besides more sky pics, it looks like you're on top of that!):

1) I hate Times New Roman on any website, especially cute pink ones! I love the other two fonts you're using. I'd use the Showcard Gothic on "ENTER" on the front page, the titles on every page (including the Mission Statement page), and the links on the left side. Then I'd use your other font (Bradley Hand?) on EVERYTHING else. It just looks more professional with less fonts and without that icky Times New Roman. :)
2) I'd make the (adorable, may I say) photo on the front page a link to the Mission Statement. I know this is a dumb, tiny thing, and I almost didn't say it, but, oh well, I'm saying it anyway. :P

3) You totally need bios! How can anyone stalk all you hotties without any info? ;)

4) Captions are always excellent in galleries.

5) You should say somewhere how I can become a Pink Mafia Sister! (Not just where, but the process... unless it's some super-secret initiation, I suppose. B|)

Alright, that's it... It looks fantabulous. Nice work!!!

please don't feel as though you will offend us ~ we are Extremely Open-Minded to constructive criticism ^^

Same to you... I definitely won't be offended if you don't take my advice; no worries. :)
It looks great!

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Yes I agree with the How to be a pink mafia... I know it says something about being in Eloy in November, but no dates... oh yeah and where are the actually skydiving pics... maybe take some pics of the passing of Barbie in the air and post them...

Oh yes I did voted that I hated it, because it really lost my interest in wanting to view it again. Like maybe a guestbook would be cool or some kind of updated info evey once in a while so someone has a real reason to go back to the page again and again... Does that make sense?

oh yaaaaaaaay miranda*

thank you sweetly for your kind suggestions...:)it is VERY-MUCH appreciated ~ also, thank you for taking the time to do so and viewing the website!

btw: that's a cool pic in your avatar! and i like your username too :P ---xoxoxoxo

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

thank you goddess for your honesty! B|

your suggestions are also very appreciated...reading the different opinions allows us to see more than just a poll....you are so Awesome to state your claim~~ i truly admire it when people voice how they feel! much love to you sweetie**

Eloy::: yes oh yes my dear :P i know, we will be removing that shortly ... we wish we could have made it to Eloy ~ but we are definitely focusing on skydive arizona next year...yaaaaaaaaaay! i can't wait to visit you beautiful people*** thank you again for your post!~ xoxoxoxo

btw: that's a cool pic in your avatar!

Thanks! It's me in a beautiful natural hotspring I found while backpacking a couple summers ago. This is the whole picture.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

We are so far removed from all the events they have:(

Maybe we should sponsor one of the Pink Mafia sisters to come freeze her butt off hereB|

One of these days we will get a Pink Mafia member up here for the initiation rites in the air over Washington.. I mean shoot.. we have 3 DZ around Seattle. There is one just north.. one just south and one just west.

I think the criteria is a jump with one of the founding members.... and the Barbie pass in Freefall.

I am giving serious thought to going to the End of Feb.. in Mi ss iss i ppi..Mardi Gras thingie. Its been YEARSSSSSSSS since I went to Narlins for a Mardi Gras.

God I love that MS nemonic:)
I think there are LOTS more women who jump over at Kapow and Snohomish by the way;)

Hi to all the PM Sisters!

I think the site is great! You asked for critique on the website. Note this is coming only from a viewer, I am not a website artist.

"ENTER" could be in a brighter color, or click on picture also enters.

There are no thumbnails for the pics of the 1st PM Boogie. Also, where was it located? Where was the toga party at? Beach bash?

When you click on a thumbnail, I think there should be navigators on the bottom of the new screen. The navigators would be "forward" "back" "beginning". This way you do not have to open and close a hundred thumbnails, you only have to open one, then click on beginning, and you can view them all in the large screen. This could be done for each picture section, rather than for all pictures. I hope i'm explaining this right.

Here are some questions I have, which maybe you can have answers to on your site. Also, an FAQ would be a good addition.

What is the difference between the "sisters" and the "sisterhood" section? Were the sisters the creators/founders, and the sisterhood are all who are initiated?

Do all new sisters also get their pix on there?

How many sisters are there currently?

"gold coast chapter"? Are there other chapters?

More info should be given about gatherings. For instance, will there be a theme, like the toga party or the beach boogie? You know, like, what to expect in a weekend with the sisters at a given location.

What accomplishments have you all made since starting the sisterhood? Were you on any jumps to make a difference like the jump for cancer? What kind of support is given to other sisters? Are you looking to be sure women are treated equally? Looking to get more chicks into the sport? :)

I think a lot of the other suggestions were good ones, too:) Great work, awesome site. I hope to get up to z-hills for the PM boogie!

Angela.

Hi Mel, Alli, Laurel and the rest of my Pink Mafia sisters! :)
Angela had great attention to detail in her post. I agree with all her recommendations, especially this one.

What accomplishments have you all made since starting the sisterhood? Were you on any jumps to make a difference like the jump for cancer? What kind of support is given to other sisters? Are you looking to be sure women are treated equally? Looking to get more chicks into the sport? :)

I love the "Jumps for Cancer" or similar event ideas. If we also need to raise money for our Pink Mafia organization, we could have some kind-of event where we could be sponsored by PM supporters. Anyway, if possible, the sisters in different states could help to raise money for different causes. I, personally, would love to help to develop the Pink Mafia California Chapter in any way possible.

Getting back to the recommendations, I also think that it would be so awesome if you could perhaps feature one member every so often and write about her accomplishments within the sport, so that we could become even more inspired by our sisters. :)
Thank you for a beautiful site, sisters and Sid!

Edited: spelling

ALL of these wonderful ideas and suggestions!

oh you little sugar-babies are sweeter than sweet! as a Very Young organization...we have a lot of work ahead of us... but we are looking forward to every minute of it! sooooooooooooo,

in conclusion to all of my little posters... know that i will print all of these ideas ~ and we will work on them little by little B|

ro*--my little cali-angel** we will definitely have lots of projects in 2004... and we shall keep you all posted as best as we can^^

and to skydivenflorida---thank you sweetie for your delightful suggestions ~ we appreciate them :)
x's & o's to all & to all a Good Nite/Day...:P

I thank you so much for all of your ideas. The Pink Mafia website, like all other websites, is a work in progress. We have made great strides in a short period of time and our fabulouso webmaster is in the process of making more changes.

Quack - as for Jill, please send another pic. With all of the recent web changes, Jill's picture must have been lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, everyone!!!!!!!
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Love the site! The other girls gave good suggestions too but I thought it was damn good! I can't wait to meet you girls! Maybe we'll make it to the Mardi Gras boogie this year!B|

Hugs,
Katie

Thanks, sister gwurl; I look forward to seeing to at Gold Coast for the MG Boogie.
My Pink M

Laurel (and all my new sisters) I've made some of the changes suggested. The site is still (and probably always will be) a work in progress, but I'd like to thank everyone for all of the positive feedback and suggestions

Sid - the drinking...er thinking mans rigger
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I think the site needs more pictures of Tiffany...
;)

I'm sure she would be very flattered. If she would send us some more pics of her, we would post them. She's kind-of shy, though.
My Pink M

We have taken many of the suggestions and implemented them. There are now more sky pics (and more coming), the gallery that I'm working on explains that the thumbnails won't open up, the picture on the entrance page is now a link (and will be changing over thenext few weeks to an animated graphic), the home page now has more details about the Pink Mafia and we have a log (guest) book.

Thanks to everyone for all of their comments

www.thepinkmafia.com

we are still working on the site and will be adding new pictures as they arrive and updating the events calendar as needed.

Sid
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?