Shark

Let me simplify this. Are you...

What if my feelings regarding the US are neutral. You tell me, does that make me pro or anti?

People who stand for nothing -- will fall for anything.

Just because his feelings on the U.S. are neutral he stands for nothing???? That makes no sense. My feelings on many things are neutral. Sheesh...
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

of course, you are not the only non-american here.
and I agree.

the list you showed is incomplete, but who cares for the moment...

if everybody just would have look right now to GB! So warm was their welcome to GWB. more than 100.000 were waiting for His arrival, or am I wrong in something?

what do we have to face now in Europe regarding the present attacs in Turkey? Will we very soon enjoy the same support, help and protection from overseas like other contries are doing presently, if wanted or not?

just ask the young people of around 20 yrs: listen to their answers which definately sound completely different than ours 20 yrs ago: explain your view to the US!

something is running wrong.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Your free to do whatever the hell you government tells you too. Here you are America, watch American Gladiators, here's 20 channels of it, go back to bed American, you are free to do what your government tells you to do. [:/]

-sorry to let you in on this dropoutdave, but the government doesn't force Americans to watch 20 channels of American Gladiator...the people DEMAND it! Wait a minute, is that a point to our freedom as a people or our mushy brains as a society?? Did I just slam myself? :S

In conclusion, we the people DO have the right to mind-numbing television shows! We have the right to reasonless intoxication! We have the right to hurl our bodies towards the ground at ludicrous speed with only two sheets to catch us from burning in! We have an unalienable right to elect celebrities to our government just because they rocked in Terminator!! I can be a fast food burger flipper or an All Star if I wanna! I saluted that flag for 3 years and have pledged allegiance to it for all the rest! GOD BLESS THE U S of A!!! ...>cough< >choke<...Damn tonsilitis...Gawd I need oxygen after that...

Did I help our cause or hurt it? No wonder they'd never let me be in the political debate clubs in school. -But my mother would've been so proud!:)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

That still doesn't answer the question.

Turtle, you were harping about the basics. It is a pretty basic question.

OK, Justin, what kind of neutral are you then? There are 2 distinctly different kind of neutrals when it comes to U.S. policy.

Are you:
1. Undecided neutral-sitting on the fence, not sure which way to go. One bad move and you're Anti-US, one positive one and you're Pro-US.
2. Couldn't care less what the US policy is type of neutral. The "Swiss" of neutrals, if you will.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Nice Rev.

Yeah, what he said

Thanks.

BTW, I'm Pro American, and Pro Gun. Tell me I can't be the former, and you might meet the latter. :P

:D:)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Are you:
1. Undecided neutral-sitting on the fence, not sure which way to go. One bad move and you're Anti-US, one positive one and you're Pro-US.
2. Couldn't care less what the US policy is type of neutral. The "Swiss" of neutrals, if you will.

I'm the third and newest form of neutral. And that's the "I don't want to vote pro-America because I don't agree with what they are doing globally, but I won't vote anti-America because I don't want to be snatched from my bed one night in the future when the U.S. government has obtained the right to search chatpages/forums for such comments and act on them in their continued war on terror" type. ;)

Of course I'm just kidding.. but I wouldn't chose either of those because though I really don't agree with what's going on, I couldn't possibly say that I'm against you. Nobody is without flaw and the United States of America does indeed stand for some beautiful things.

my 0.02 CND

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

You are kidding yourself if you think you have complete freedom to criticize the US government. Sure they may not haul you into the rose garden and execute you, but try to publish in a major journal and see how far you get. Noam Chomsky, a professor of linguistics at MIT and one of the sharpest political analysts I've come across, is a great example of this. The guy has some excellent points, firmly based on rationality and objectivity, but he is widely ignored. There is no need for government censorship when the media censures itself and ignores its journalistic obligations.

I saw him at U of H last year, profound thinker.:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Kein problem, Ich habe nicht alles was du mir PM hast, aber die gennerelle meinung habe ich verstanden.

I think most of the people who voted anti did it because they just can't stand totalitarism, and believe that by oppressing people, you won't get anything good...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I think your question is invalid, because I don't believe your feelings about the US are neutral.

That's pretty damn weak.

RevJim,

I am the kind of neutral where I really dislike what the US is currently doing with their foreign policy, nor am I a particular fan of the current president.

I do like most people I have met from the US. I like the fact that the US does try to help and put some of their might and wealth to good use. I like what the US stands for in free and open markets and capitalism. The list goes on and on.

So tell me, am I now anti or pro american?

I think your question is invalid, because I don't believe your feelings about the US are neutral.

That's pretty damn weak.

And that's pretty damn funny. You label my statement weak, then go on to explain to Rev Jim a series of NON-NEUTRAL opinions about the US.

I agree with your point that it's possible to have varying opinions about various topics regarding the US, all of which add up to make you neither totally Pro or Anti US.

But despite the diversity of my varying opinions, I can still summarize it all up and answer the simple form of the question. You?

. . =(_8^(1)

I agree with your point that it's possible to have varying opinions about various topics regarding the US, all of which add up to make you neither totally Pro or Anti US.

But despite the diversity of my varying opinions, I can still summarize it all up and answer the simple form of the question. You?

Well, then I guess you are the better man, because I can't. I can't make a generalized statement like that about the US.

That's pretty damn weak.

RevJim,

I am the kind of neutral where I really dislike what the US is currently doing with their foreign policy, nor am I a particular fan of the current president.

I do like most people I have met from the US. I like the fact that the US does try to help and put some of their might and wealth to good use. I like what the US stands for in free and open markets and capitalism. The list goes on and on.

So tell me, am I now anti or pro american?

So, you're not "the swiss of neutrals". That much is obvious.

I'll give you the neutral stance, but it is definately the "sitting on the fence not sure which way to go type of neutral.

Actually, right now, I'd say you're more Anti-American, but with a President change you would probably be Pro-American.

You're a Democrat, aren't you? :P;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

If I think the war in Iraq is a bad mistake, does that make me "anti American" ? If I'm alarmed that a Bible thumping Attorney General thinks he can call someone an "enemy combatant" and imprison them at a secret location without trial, charges, or even contacts with family or lawyers, does that make me "anti American" ? If I think people with AIDS or cancer should be able to puff a little pot to ease their suffering, especially when the voters in 8 western states happen to agree with me, does that make me "anti American" ?

Pro or anti American is a very loaded term. Not everyone who loves this country wants to bomb all the non-white people of the world into submission, or fill the jails with pot smokers. I think there are very few people who are "anti American". But there is a dangerous loss of civility in public debate on the issues. What's made this country work has been the tension and compromises made between liberal and conservative opinions, when the good of the country is put first. As much as I can't stand them, I think the right wingers have their place in the national debate. And so do I , out here on the left coast.

God bless America, it's the only one we got.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

If I think the war in Iraq is a bad mistake, does that make me "anti American" ? If I'm alarmed that a Bible thumping Attorney General thinks he can call someone an "enemy combatant" and imprison them at a secret location without trial, charges, or even contacts with family or lawyers, does that make me "anti American" ? If I think people with AIDS or cancer should be able to puff a little pot to ease their suffering, especially when the voters in 8 western states happen to agree with me, does that make me "anti American" ?

Pro or anti American is a very loaded term. Not everyone who loves this country wants to bomb all the non-white people of the world into submission, or fill the jails with pot smokers. I think there are very few people who are "anti American". But there is a dangerous loss of civility in public debate on the issues. What's made this country work has been the tension and compromises made between liberal and conservative opinions, when the good of the country is put first. As much as I can't stand them, I think the right wingers have their place in the national debate. And so do I , out here on the left coast.

God bless America, it's the only one we got.

And I bet you are in favor of socialized medicine too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

How can someone be proud to be American? or Spanish? or French? I am spanish, only because my parents decided to have unprotected sex 9 months before staying in Spain. I am from Spain, and i cannot be proud of being from this country, because i didn´t do anything for it. I am proud of being a college graduated, Cisco certified, and a Skydiver. I earned it!!!!
I cannot be proud to have nice green eyes (acording to a few) or good eyesight or being born in one place rather than another. I am thankful, but to my limited English, proud is not a right word. Think that you are not from Irak, just by chance. You did not do anything to "deserve" being born in the USA.
In other orther of things, America is supposed to be the Freedom country. Are you sure? Watch out for your rights, you can loose them in no time!!! With the new Patriot Act, your country will look too much like 1984 from George Orwell.
Just for the record, i have been living in the US and I refused to take partys. If you say Either with Us or against us, i will answer: To hell with you.

You must have gone to the GWB school of simplicty...

either with us or against us.... :S

Yup,so my vote went down to Anti American,even while i dont feel it all that way..;)

I like USA as a sister.. theres time were you whish she wasnt there and times were you could emagiene a world whith out her.. and most times the last thing..

Why i compare that way? i think most of your leaders,are .. well .... (not a bad word about girls here),but US also gives alot.

as always.. it takes 10 good services to make that one bad good again...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if my feelings regarding the US are neutral. You tell me, does that make me pro or anti?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats why i had to vote anti.. hope it makes you feel better...;)

It can be hard to vote for somthing like that... i do belive that its an extreme(bad word i know)way to make a vote..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

O.K.,this is way to P.C. for me.This crap of your either for us or against us is BS!I believe stealing from our children's futures is very wrong!It,s "We the People",not just some of the people(rich republicans,senators etc. profiting from the suffering of others.Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!(lol)