riddler

Kazaa Lite

I don't have that problem but I am having a problem where music I have already dl'ed suddenly are no longer available and I have to download them again. Anyone have any ideas?

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

The kazaa network suck. Good protocol, bad people.
90% of the people on kazaa are just downloading. Nobody is giving real upload speeds.

I've started using eMule (on the eDonkey2000 net)
It works great. No spyware. Possible to remote controle over web.
Search for files on www.sharereactor.com.
Simultaniously download from multiple sources.
Imidiate sharing of incomplete files.
Little garbage and good quality files.
:)Best of all, if you don't share files and some bandwidth, the client wont let you download (you'll get last in line.)

I've got a constant download rate of 25kB/s 200kbit/s vs kazaa's 3kB/s

eMule is the way to go...(for windows and linux and mac)
Only thing I miss is some more skydiving videos out there on the p2p nets. [:/]

edit to add http://www.emule-project.net/
Download from sourceforge.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Winmx has more virus' out there than Kazaa..

The reason you are getting "screeching noise after the first 10 seconds or so" is because the record companies hired this group that sits there all day uploading that crap hoping to get people sick of it and stop us from using there services.

Dont go winmx..

Direct connect is awesome, and we have one with pcabusers.com that only the regulars can access..

Pretty neat stuff and no need to worry about trojans, virii, corrupt files ect..

Clint
http://sexygirlabs.com/url]

LMFAO!!

1. Locate on your computer the first MP3 you want to send. (Hint: MP3s usually end with the letters ".MP3" or ".mp3"

2. Open up your hex editor. (Did you know that "hex" is short for "hexadecimal?" Well now you do! :)

3. Resize the hex dump (usually on the left side of the page) as small as it goes. You won't be needing it.

4. Drag-select the ASCII dump. Use the "copy" command.

5. Open your favorite word processor such as Microsoft Word™ or Microsoft WordPad™. Press "paste."

6. Set the page margins to 1" all around (2.54 centimeters). Consider single-spacing.

7. Load your printer with a fresh ream of paper. (Did you know that there are 500 pages in a ream?)

8. Press print.

9. Pack the paper carefully in a carton and take to the post office.

10. Send to the RIAA address in Method #2.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

http://www.sendthemback.org/

I love this:

3. Place the CD case in an envelope. Carefully cut a piece of cardboard the size of the CD case.

4. Seal the envelope. (Hint: You might consider putting in a note saying you're sorry.)

5. Put on the right number of stamps.

6. Address it to:

The RIAA
c/o America

:DThink the RIAA feels violated? :D Why don't they say they're sorry for killing Internet Radio in the US?

I think I'll send them a turd with a note that says I'm sorry :ph34r:
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

http://www.sendthemback.org/

I love this:

3. Place the CD case in an envelope. Carefully cut a piece of cardboard the size of the CD case.

4. Seal the envelope. (Hint: You might consider putting in a note saying you're sorry.)

5. Put on the right number of stamps.

6. Address it to:

The RIAA
c/o America

:DThink the RIAA feels violated? :D Why don't they say they're sorry for killing Internet Radio in the US?

I think I'll send them a turd with a note that says I'm sorry :ph34r:

RIAA sucks big time. >:(

MP3 rules! B|B|B|B|

;)

Yves.

There is a saying: If you can't beat them, join them.
The recording industry has been trying to beat the internet...
How hard is it to see that they have to use it, not fight it.

They got themself to blame...poor bastards.
Next they will probably rise prices on cd's to $100 to compensate for lost profits because of internet file sharing. That will keep the cash flowing :ph34r:

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It's a fight they just can't win. The technology is there. If you can't get your MP3's from one blocked source, you'll get them from another.......

MP3's have now replaced plastic, wether the RIAA like it or not. Nobody wants to pay 20 bucks, for a 1 song CD, anymore..........

It's too late for the RIAA. They've drowned already. They had a chance to lower the price of CD's, in the past..........

The river will flow....... no matter what the obstacle. B|

;)

Yves.

Direct connect Rules!

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

I used direct connect for the longest time and loved it. It works because you can only get onto servers where you are sharing the minimum amount they specify. So if you can share 20 gigs of stuff, you get onto a server where there is 400 users all sharing 20 gigs each.... thats like 8000 gigs of stuff to download [salivate icon]

MB 3528, RB 1182