newshooter12

Houston Santa Demo

One of Santa's helpers made the national wire and feed on CNN. The newsroom was enjoying it...
It more then likely will make air here.
"SLUG: TX:SANTA PARACHUTE
SOURCE: KTRK
SUPERS-
Houston, TX
Friday
--VIDEO SHOWS--
vo of Santa parachuting through air...makes a rough landing,, falls on back side and rolls for a while but pops back up

--VO SCRIPT--
SANTA KICKED OFF THE HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON WITH A GRAND ENTRANCE AT A MALL IN HOUSTON...
HE PARACHUTED OUT OF A PLANE AND ONTO THE ROOF OF THE SHARPSTOWN MALL.
IT WAS ROUGH LANDING, BUT THE BIG MAN WAS JUST FINE.
HE THEN HANDED OUT CANDY TO ALL THE GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS.
-----END-----CNN.SCRIPT"

I bet the kids loved it! The winds were a little less than perfect yesterday here in the greater Houston area! I don't live too far from Sharpstown and I could not even play frissbee with my dog because of the winds! Who did it?:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Yeah, it was a downwinder. Not too many options when you're long, and you're landing on top of a parking garage and the only outs are a freeway and a mall parking lot on the busiest shopping day of the year. No one was hurt, and the kids were loving it anyway. And NO, it wasn't me! :P
Oh, hello again!

Yeah, it was a downwinder. Not too many options when you're long, and you're landing on top of a parking garage and the only outs are a freeway and a mall parking lot on the busiest shopping day of the year. No one was hurt, and the kids were loving it anyway. And NO, it wasn't me! :P

No Damage...No Injuries...!

Sounds like a sucess to me. B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Man, this reminds me of another Santa-Demo gone wrong, you guys remember of Niggel Roggoff? in december '98 he was performing a high performance landing into a stadium in england when he hit the overhanging roof over the audience, parachute collapsed and he fell from there with a small canopy that only had something like two or three cells inflated,
aweful bone crushing accident...

--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."