theonlyski

Argus Ban List

Either:

1. Petition the PIA to update their letter, and then try to get all of the H/C's that have banned them to review their bans... (good luck with this, as without LOTS of testing, I can almost assure you they're not going to just take your word)

2. Get a hold of Avicom and help figure out what the next step is, and help them get there...(good luck with this, testing a new design isn't cheap or terribly fast)

3. Or just shut up, coming on DZ and bitching about the PIA and Avicom is NOT going to change anything.

If you MUST continue with the conspiracy theory, could you please do it in another thread? I created this thread so we can track who has and who has not banned them, not for some angry debates about how PIA is trying to take out Avicom.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

If you MUST continue with the conspiracy theory, could you please do it in another thread? I created this thread so we can track who has and who has not banned them, not for some angry debates about how PIA is trying to take out Avicom.

No, how does that sound!

I am discussing the subject, The ban was put into place when it shouldn't have been, The PIA pressured everybody into it and it is quite evedent that many understand this while others disagree, that is a text book example of a subject for debate.

I have had some intersting personal messages that confirm my standpoint that there are many people watching this thread that are of the same standpoint as me and I have had comments such as;

During the past couple of days, I've had conversations with a container manufacturer manager, and an FAA rigger examiner, and found out more of what is going on behind the scenes. Sounds as if the container manufacturer (and others) regret the quick decision to ban the Argus, and are looking for a way to safely reverse the ban (in sport rigs), without losing face or a lawsuit.

Thanks for defending Argus in the discussions. You're on the right side of the argument, but it takes courage. You'll be vindicated when more is known publicly, so don't give up.

BTW You and I have the same opinion of the whole incident.

I have had emails and messages as well as conversations about this, many are too afraid to post thier thoughts as people like you and the moderators obviously do not want a balanced discussion, One moderator simply deleted posts that he was unable to answer without looking silly.

So I wouldn't be so smug if I were you and you can bet this is the calm before the storm.

The list you posted and the topic itself has created a very unharmonious dissonance that will only be rectified with more information, In the meantime you can argue that argus' are crap and I can argue that this decision was rash, and we both could be correct or not.

I am more concerned about how this has been dealt with, than the result of the investigation. That investigation has been held back by all this, when it should have been fast tracked to get the result for the sake of safety and the end user.

I hope for the sake of the container manufacturers that they either reverse this ban or do something responasible before aviacom come out with guns blazing...

I suggest all those with the popcorn reading this, that are also argus users to write to their container manufacturers IMMEDIATELY and copy in aviacom to the message.

This may get you back in the air sooner than you think.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

It's been a few WEEKS and we still don't have the relevant information.

You have it Bill, you are just ignoring it.

How can you ignore such pertinent evidence....

You have it, and it will be compled more concisely, and there are some sweating it right now.

How can Lou be allowed to continue to delete posts that are not against the rules but put into question his comments....

Oops I'm bitching about moderation again, I might get banned for having an opinion, again...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

So I wouldn't be so smug if I were you and you can bet this is the calm before the storm.

I'm not being smug, you're cluttering my thread which is just here as a single point of reference with your massive conspiracy theories and arguments. If I wanted the thread to be like that, I would've entitled it "Lets all bitch about the argus situation"

This may get you back in the air sooner than you think.

This hasn't stopped me from being in the air. Immediately after the bulletin came out, I pulled my Argus, and jumped with no AAD for a weekend or two, then I installed a friends Cypres-1 that they're not using currently and gave me permission to use.

Nice try though.:|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm not being smug, you're cluttering my thread which is just here as a single point of reference with your massive conspiracy theories and arguments.

It is actually quite simple and there is no massive conspiracy theories, there is one.

Riggers, manufacturers and consumers have all concluded the same as me but the finger pointing ignoramus' continue to ignore them, the evidence at hand and the imminent truth.

So I continue to repeat myself.

If you argue against my point, I have all the right to reply, If you do not wish to read my thoughts.... then don't reply.

I hope your argus is airworthy sooner than later.

Some are not as fortunate as you and do not have another brand AAD to use and are not allowed to jump without one...

Spare a thought for them, the DZ's they jump at...

How about the tandem operations that invested in argus, the customers that wanted to jump there and the staff that were relying on those units airworthyness...

I have locked this thread and moved a portion of it to it's own thread so this conversation can continue. Due to the nature of the forum software, this fragmenting is unavoidable and I was unable to detach it all and keep it's continuity. Please continue this conversation in the other thread found HERE.

If you have some new information relevant to the ban list or updates please let myself or the other forum mods know via a PM and we will facilitate the addition of the relevant information. This is an important topic and it should continue however the thread has drifted from it's original intent which was a sole source listing of the manufacturer/governing body Service Bulletins. Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Mirage Systems has rescinded the ban of the Argus in their systems. Details can be seen in SB's here:

http://www.pia.com/piapubs/ServiceBulletins/PSB6-11.pdf

http://www.pia.com/piapubs/ServiceBulletins/PSB6-11-2.pdf
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING