AggieDave

Class Act

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If american (USA) politics ONLY impacted on USA, I'd say fine do what you want. But unfortunately it does not. It has global implications and ramification. SO those in the world you are effected by decisions made by YOUR illustrious leader do in fact have a right to respond.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do You have any examples of how your opinion is so?

Well, how about when Bush demanded that Pakistan cut off food aid to Afghanistan on September 16,2001? The red cross estimated that 7.5 million afghanis were in danger of starvation at that time. Who knows how many died that winter while the US engaged in a food airlift that even humanitarian agencies labelled ineffective and despicable?

Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

Bush showed some true class today, flew to Iraq to surprise a group of soldiers with their Thanksgiving celebration.

It was a total surprise for those invovled (the soldiers). I thought that was a seriously cool move on his part.

(for the liberals: yes, I know that you'll say that it was a stupid thing for him to do and it was only to boost his ratings...before you start saying that, think about the soldiers over there, I know they appreciated it, they said so themselves).

Hmm...I met this dude in San Diego last week who just got back from Iraq..says its a priviledge to be able to take showers again. The things we take for granted.

Class Act.

All the people saying it was for pollitical gain would be the same people asking why he didn't go if he hadn't gone.

And just to add to the person who said we are there for revenge. First thing is Clinton should have took action against Iraq for trying to assinate a former president of the United States BEFORE his son took office. Now if it was me and someone tried to kill a former president of the United States let alone the fact it was my Dad. Well you couldn't find a hole deep enough to crawl into...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Kallend,

Maybe it is you who is wrong. Last I heard, you weren't a member of his cabinet. It's amazing how much Top Secret stuff you claim to know.

Chris

So you are claiming that WMDs have been found in Iraq but it's a secret only the Cabinet knows. Interesting. Why do you think they are keeping it secret from the American people?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Maybe it is you who is wrong. Last I heard, you weren't a member of
> his cabinet. It's amazing how much Top Secret stuff you claim to
>know.

I think perhaps the "the president has all sorts of secret super-accurate intelligence!" angle isn't a good one to play any more. Perhaps the economy would be a better angle; it is getting better, and politicans love to take credit for the economy.

Damn, After reading my post again with a clear head, I realize that i was VERY harsh. I didnt intend directly or indirectly to offend anyone. If I did i sincerely apologize for my actions.

Magistr8, I hope you accept my apology.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

three (?) were killed when two trigger-happy american fighter jets ignored abort orders and dropped a bomb on their heads.

I though we already established that the fighter pilots had never seen a Canadian flag on the battle field? They didn't know? Isn't that why they were acquitted?

Condolences to the lost soldiers..

So you are claiming that WMDs have been found in Iraq but it's a secret only the Cabinet knows. Interesting. Why do you think they are keeping it secret from the American people?

Umm.. I viewed an interview with an Iraqi/American on TV a few evenings ago. She WAS a victum of WMD's from when Sadham was in power.. I still support GWB and Agree with his actions. You are failing to see the big picture as usual.

Rhino

Damn, After reading my post again with a clear head, I realize that i was VERY harsh. I didnt intend directly or indirectly to offend anyone. If I did i sincerely apologize for my actions.

Besides being able to skydive for the first time today in the last two weeks, what you just said made my day and shows that you are much more of a "Class Act" than I thought you were this morning. I wish you had thought about what you were saying before you initially pressed that send button, but you're back in my books as a good guy. ;) Peace bro and have fun and be safe with your skydiving. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You are failing to see the big picture as usual.

Sadam was/is evil. But I fear for America as this could be another Vietnam (maybe even worse). I see no solution except that many more good America soldiers will die in the months/years to come. And GWB's little Thanksgiving visit isn't going to make much of a difference in the big picture. It was balls'y alright. But once again, a Class Act? I say in the months/years to come, it will be an irrelevant visit which will be forgotten. Are the families of America's service men and women going to care that GWB visited Iraq, or will they care more that their loved ones come home.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>Maybe it is you who is wrong. Last I heard, you weren't a member of
> his cabinet. It's amazing how much Top Secret stuff you claim to
>know.

I think perhaps the "the president has all sorts of secret super-accurate intelligence!" angle isn't a good one to play any more. Perhaps the economy would be a better angle; it is getting better, and politicans love to take credit for the economy.

Some of us were around when Richard Nixon claimed he had a "secret" plan for ending the Vietnam War.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I have one word for those that trust any administration to be acting honorably when it invokes secrecy - GULLIBLE.

What difference does it make? Just because you sell someone something doesn't mean they are going to use it :|

Be real Rob. If you sell someone something I think that you can reasonably expect that they will use it, don't you?

I have one word for those that trust any administration to be acting honorably when it invokes secrecy - GULLIBLE.

Sums things up nicely, I think.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I applaud GWB for this gesture.

I think its also a pretty shrewd political move on his part as well. I guess now having actually showed up for duty and since he did actually serve (what was it, stuffing?) in a war zone no less he gets the booby doll prize and now maybe he'll have Condelza pin him with a couple of medals for all those uniform articles GWB is so fond of wearing when theres a photographer nearby.

He just wanted to crash Hillarys party in Afghanistan anyway...

But none the less there is a patriotic romanticism that sometimes interferes with my better sense of reason and I can't help but find GWB's appearance as cool anyway!! Not for him but for all the guys and gals that are stuck over there dying for their country.
--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Funny, I didn't know there was anything wrong with doing things that will help your campaign. Isn't the best campaign strategy to do the job well?

I wonder if the knucklehead nine will do any "photo ops" to help their campaigns?

Chris

I wonder if the knucklehead nine will do any "photo ops" to help their campaigns?

Chris

Well, in the spirit of name calling, is it true they're renaming that big 747 "AWOL One":P

I said it.

What Clinton should or should not have done is irrelevant at this point. What any other President should or should not have done is also irrelevant. What GWB did is what is relevant. He sold you a bill of goods about Iraq being an imminent threat to the security of the continental US with hidden WMD's. Those pesky ones that were so well hidden we still can't find them. Americans also bought in to the implication that Iraq, not Saudi Arabia, was a major player in 9/11.

Has Saddam used WMD's in the past, yes. Weapons that we sold him when he was our buddy, that old 'enemy of my enemy' thing. Or weapons he made with technology we taught him to use.

Would he use them again in the future, yes, if he had time to make them but as long as the UN inspectors where chasing around it was pretty hard to start anything up.

Was/is Saddam a bad man, yes but I don't think he would have killed as many innocent Iraqis in the past six months as we have and I know there would be a lot more living Americans than there are now if we had not invaded a country that was not an threat to us. Now our intelligence community is saying we were tricked in to believing he had more stuff than he really did because either Saddam wanted to sound like the baddest guy on the block or we got bad data from defectors who didn't really know what they claimed to know.

I live in Texas and I saw what this man did to our economy and then he went right ahead and did the same thing to the rest of the country. The man is not a class act, Laura is but not him. He is a creation of Karl Rove and a group of talented handlers. Like all politicians of any party he cares about just one thing, himself.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Those pesky ones that were so well hidden we still can't find them. Americans also bought in to the implication that Iraq, not Saudi Arabia, was a major player in 9/11.

Do you recall not to long ago out forces finding an ENTIRE fighter wing buried in the sand? It's a big damned country. The weapons are there. I don't doubt it for a second.. If you think all of the Iraqi soldiers had gas masks in their fighting holes because they feared us using WMD's you are jokingly mistaken..

Rhino

Those pesky ones that were so well hidden we still can't find them. Americans also bought in to the implication that Iraq, not Saudi Arabia, was a major player in 9/11.

Do you recall not to long ago out forces finding an ENTIRE fighter wing buried in the sand?

Hadn't heard that one, can you point me at some articles about it?

If you think all of the Iraqi soldiers had gas masks in their fighting holes because they feared us using WMD's you are jokingly mistaken..

During my time in the military, nearly 10 years between active and reserve, whenever we were in an exercise (i.e. practicing war) we always had our gas masks with us. You don't ever know what the other guy might do. And yes I think that they thought we would do anything. All the information the rank and file Iraqi soldier has comes from Saddam and he wasn't going to talk about how we would play fair.

You may have answered this elsewhere but I missed it. Have you ever been in the military?

newsstand

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes